Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times

Advertisements

Whitlock..you think it is "clear that mixed income housing accomodations are not going to function"...based on the amenitiy priviledges? Really? The entire concept of mixed income is doomed to failure because the low income tenants can't use the gym. Another sorry post by Whitlock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM

317 posts, read 578,727 times
So the stolen equipment from the theatre room explains the notices posted on every floor of my building...... Very interesting.... Between the theatre room incident and the issues in the gym management is going to get tired of replacing things.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:01 AM

Monitored cameras should take care of this problem.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:02 AM

317 posts, read 578,727 times
There are already cameras on every floor and in the laundry rooms as well. Now whether or not they're being monitored is something different.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 AM

They are clearly not being monitored, or recorded for that matter. Maybe the cameras are up but not connected yet.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Whitlock..you think it is "clear that mixed income housing accomodations are not going to function"...based on the amenitiy priviledges? Really? The entire concept of mixed income is doomed to failure because the low income tenants can't use the gym. Another sorry post by Whitlock.
The devil is in the details.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 AM

You get what you pay for...and they are not paying as much as the other tenants. The end.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You get what you pay for...and they are not paying as much as the other tenants. The end.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM

15 posts, read 31,415 times
So, I've been reading this post for the last couple of months since I've applied for Northrose. I'm from the Bronx and live north of Gun Hill Rd. I've always liked the Bronx and I don't intend on leaving unless it's to live in Manhattan or if I can find somewhere in BK that's near the city. Every borough has crime and that's just what it is. Everyone should do there own research and make there own assessment of the area they're interested in living. I'm sure if I spent the time to look at the crime in my current neighborhood I just might be scared to live there anymore or even walk the streets. Crime is just a factor when it comes to living in certain places and you have to deal with it and if you don't you move to another area.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:08 PM

9 posts, read 20,657 times
i have to say reading all these psts really makes me feel like i made the right decision not only for me but for my daughter. i too got accepted and turned it down at the last minute. there was just too many negatives vs positives. safety, schools and just about everything else is just horrible.the surrounding area is a sespool of crime schools are over crowded and failing. i also visited the site at night and it just felt wrong. but whats more disturbing with all the people that communicate on this thread and that actually live there not once have i read about having a meet and greet or even forming a tenants association so that when crime or incindents occur everyone is informed. i hope that one day we all wake up and join together for each others sake before its to late or the northose will be just as bad as the projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City