Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 AM

43 posts, read 127,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLat View Post
I called this morning and was told they haven't reached my number yet. Go Figure!!!!!
Oh heck, get outta town!! That's really crazy when we're both in the 100's at least we're not alone in this insanity lol. I'll wait to get a response to my email before I completely freak out from all the conflicting info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 AM

Ok so she responded to my email but no real information was provided. I asked her if I should send her updated financials and she said yes. As far as the status of the log #s she just stated she would follow up with me as soon as she could.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM

29 posts, read 89,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinn421 View Post
Ok so she responded to my email but no real information was provided. I asked her if I should send her updated financials and she said yes. As far as the status of the log #s she just stated she would follow up with me as soon as she could.
that's so weird... I hope you get a call soon! (and that I get a call soon there after) LOL

Old 08-19-2010, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 8,623 times
Hey Cin421, don't lose hope. I'm in the 100's too (interviewed in March) and was just called in to submit updated financial info.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM

Hi d116 thanks for the encouragement, not ready to give up yet. Lol. It does seem to me thou that the log# info is a little skewed when all of us 100's still haven't heard anything. It must be more than just log# order like Cindy said.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM

Well I can confirm there's no one living in 488 yet. I just passed thru there a little while ago and the entrance is still blocked. There's also no certificate of occupancy on the front of the building yet. Seems like no one will be moving in until at least September...

Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
Post Question

I also applied for this lottery. On the application I put my and my boyfriend's information but I read that we may be turned down because we are not married and have not lived together prior to applying for this lottery. Do any of you know if this is true or not?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalters718 View Post
I also applied for this lottery. On the application I put my and my boyfriend's information but I read that we may be turned down because we are not married and have not lived together prior to applying for this lottery. Do any of you know if this is true or not?
I do not know definitively if it's true but here is the language from the HDC Marketing Guidelines. Good luck to you.

"QUALIFICATION AS A HOUSEHOLD

[LEFT]To balance the demand for affordable housing against the limited supply, HDC’s New
Housing Opportunities Program (New HOP)/Middle Income apartments are not intended
for “roommate situations” or other combinations of friends and/or distant relatives who
join together solely for the purposes of qualifying for such a housing opportunity.
Accordingly, for the purposes of HDC’s New Housing Opportunities Program (New
HOP)/Middle Income, a household shall be defined as “an immediate family or other
such configuration of persons who have a documented financial interdependence”. Aside
from immediate family members (spouses and parent/child combinations), other possible
households may document “financial interdependence” as follows:[/LEFT]

Adult persons already living together as a household as may be formally

[LEFT]documented through current leases or current utility records identifying each

person residing at the same address;

Adult persons who can document shared assets, such as shared bank accounts

reflecting each person’s name, going back at least one (1) year.

Adult couples who are not married but who meet the criteria above or who can

document registration with The City of New York as a domestic partnership.
[/LEFT]

Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 AM

If anyone would like to read the guidelines for how the application and lottery process should work (for middle income developments) here is the link.

http://www.nychdc.com/pdf/developers/newhop/2008/NYCHDC%20Middle%20Income%20Marketing%20Guidelines% 202008.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,989 times
Default Not Good

Well it looks like I may not get into those apartments cuz I did the samething and we don't live together. Besides if they are going to check both our credit we are definitlety disqualified because his credit is not so good. Oh well I will continue to look outside of the lotteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City