Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 AM

122 posts, read 207,712 times

Advertisements

thank you so much !

Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 AM

12 posts, read 20,117 times
no just want to make sure i had options lol for the lease, you know to get things together and make sure all is ready to go. thanks DR!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 AM

43 posts, read 199,246 times
So 1st off I would like to say thanks so much for this thread this is my first on here and I've tried to read every page of this thread LOL... Here's my questions:

1) What's the difference btwn Silver Towers and River Place II?

I just filled out an application for the River Place II on Friday, here's the thing. I have "no credit" other than a sprint phone bill LOL. Do you think this affects my chances? No student loans anything... I still live w my mom and I am a one person household making 27k.

Lastly, anyone that applied recently within the last two months have you heard anything back as of yet? TIA...

Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM

30 posts, read 83,781 times
@xxbk
Silver Towers & RPII are the same complex. They search your credit to check for payment history and delinquencies not for your actual score. And the less debt you have on your name the better, if you have over 38% of gross income you are disqualified. Hopefully you paid your sprint bills on time. They are still conducting interviews though I am not sure how many units they have left. Living with parents is fine just get a notarized letter from them saying that you pay them XX amount monthly and on time. Good luck!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:22 AM

43 posts, read 199,246 times
Thanks so much. Yes I pay my sprint bill on time I actually tried to get a free annual credit report and it stated there was no information available LOL so idk what that means because some ppl told me limited credit also means bad credit but hopefully not. I will keep my fingers crossed and continue applying to different places....

Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 AM

130 posts, read 236,011 times
@ bshorty I wouldn't sweat the credit check to much! Just go in there with everything!!!! They have asked for..and you should be good to go!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM

19 posts, read 58,732 times
i was called for an appointment for the river place affordable housing for two bed room apts. my concern is that when i applied i dind have my baby. now we are a compositions of four people plus the two year old baby. whay will happened to my interview?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM

95 posts, read 166,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbkshorty View Post
Thanks so much. Yes I pay my sprint bill on time I actually tried to get a free annual credit report and it stated there was no information available LOL so idk what that means because some ppl told me limited credit also means bad credit but hopefully not. I will keep my fingers crossed and continue applying to different places....
You have what lenders call a thin credit file. You don't have any credit but you don't have leins on your name, which is good. They tell you at the interview that they're not looking at credit scores. Student loans, late payments on bills and bankruptcy filings can hurt. For the future, you do need to build your credit. You should apply for a secured credit card. That'll help estabilsh a good credit history over time.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM

95 posts, read 166,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeriliz02 View Post
i was called for an appointment for the river place affordable housing for two bed room apts. my concern is that when i applied i dind have my baby. now we are a compositions of four people plus the two year old baby. whay will happened to my interview?

Congratulations!

They might make an exception. You'll have to look at the application to see what's the stated family size for a two bedroom.

Have the baby present with the proper documentation.
Have faith!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM

12 posts, read 20,117 times
at orientation managing agent said they are almost filled up but i believe she meant market rate, other people at orientation had 1 bedrooms awarded to them, not just studios
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery