Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyying View Post
I'm not a citizen. And citizenship is not required. Yes, my case is anything but standard. But I have excellent credit and many other advantages. My income, legal status and everything else is according to the rules, not your typical 9-to-5er but still within the required frame.

And, I'm very happy to say, today I got a letter in the mail with my appointment date, June 28th (I sent my application only two days ago). So it does seem that they are pretty desperate to fill up those 80 vacant studios.

On June 21st I have another interview for a low income housing project in the Bronx. I don't want to live there, but I want to practice doing interviews and see if there's anything I can improve for my interview with the River Place II management.

Will let you know how it goes.

And Bluedog2: if one was to think that one has no chance at things in life just because one is not standard, one would only go as far as the grocery store around the corner.
They're not as desperate as you may believe, they've been "desperately" trying to fill the vacancies for the studios there since last year when the the 1st round of interviews took place under the "lottery" system, they re-opened them a few months ago, and now just recently changed the criteria again. I dont doubt they want to get them filled but PLEASE dont anticipate they're going to do you any favors. If your over or under by 5$ your interview will be over.

They get back faster because its not a "lottery" system right now. Your faxing the application directly to them.

IMO, and this is just me. I would go in as optimistic as possible, come prepared with all the documentation they ask, and treat it just as if your interviewing for a job.

The biggest step is going to be your income, thats the very first thing they calculate. Once you past that step, like I said make sure you have all your documents and you should past that stage. Next step is credit..you say you have excellent credit so thats good. After that is the home visit.

GOOD LUCK ! Its a great opportunity

Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyying View Post

On June 21st I have another interview for a low income housing project in the Bronx. I don't want to live there, but I want to practice doing interviews and see if there's anything I can improve for my interview with the River Place II management.

Will let you know how it goes.

And Bluedog2: if one was to think that one has no chance at things in life just because one is not standard, one would only go as far as the grocery store around the corner.
I agree completely.Unfortunately, in this instance you are dealing with a bureaucracy and that's how they operate.

Am hoping things turn out for you even though you don't like The Bronx

What will you do if you get accepted there and not at Riverplace?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Im just nervous about my credit..I dont have amazing credit..I certainly dont have poor credit im one of those that sorta fall in between. Only one negative on my report..everything else is in good standing.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 PM

123 posts, read 310,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
@ MOCHANYC6

Are you in the North Tower or the South Tower? (if you dont mind me asking)
Hi,
I'm in the South Tower on the corner the 9th floor

Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 AM

270 posts, read 748,667 times
Im just so sad because Mocha and I both had our interviews at around the same time in MAY..and just about 1 month later..She is just about moved in basically.. I would've been on the same boat had everything gone smoother for me..but my BOAT went in the other direction. Congrats to you Mocha

Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Hold ya head emulator ! Something good is gonna come through for you and yours..just keep fighting and stay positive

Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 PM

23 posts, read 67,920 times
@MOCHANYC6

Did they ask you for your tax return '09 and your W2s? Or is 6 pay stubs (if they meet the income guidelines) enough?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 PM

270 posts, read 748,667 times
just so u know, they want 6 current pay stubs and last 3 years of tax returns 07,08 and 09!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 PM

23 posts, read 67,920 times
i.e. an applicant wasn't working in '09 and now has a new job. His current 6 pay stubs are within the income guidelines. Is he in or out?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 PM

78 posts, read 199,881 times
hey one person posted that he knew a guy who worked on this building and that the construction was cheap. he said the guy told him that the walls and floors were thin and that you would hear alot of noise if you lived in one of these apartments. is there anyone who can confirm this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery