Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:51 PM

7 posts, read 228,825 times

Advertisements

Yes, past paid rent receipts.
If you are the one with the income, you might be better off saying you live alone. They unfortunatly frown upon the unemployed and the part time employed,. so you could possibly be disqualified even if all of your requirements are there. Many people are quick to pounce all over you ,even though they have not walked in your shoes.
Again, Good Luck to you guys : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:34 AM

38 posts, read 342,951 times
the problem with not listing your boyfriend is that it's a double edge sword. If you list him, you run the chance of getting disqualified because he is unemployed. If you don't list him and you get the apartment, it can be taken away from you if the building manager realizes that the apartment was rented for one and there are two people living there. Loose Loose situation if you ask me.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM

7 posts, read 228,825 times
You are so right! It's a tough process because of the government aid involved. We went through the whole process and were disqualified due to my past credit issues. I was totally honest about everything. Maybe as some time goes by and I repair my credit I can get into an affordable unit someplace. For now, we just have to come up with the very high rent, like most people these days.
It was woth a try and a learning experience : )

Old 12-11-2009, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 105,584 times
We went to the interview and now awaiting to be called to see if we got the apartment. After you went to the interview how long did you wait for the answer. i gave them the money order and sent all documents that were requested. how long do i have to wait? Did anyone get it?

Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 13,767 times
I was placed on a waiting list, not sure how that works. After the first interview I was told that the apartment I am quilified for not available for now, and that I might get a call later from management for additional interview... i'm confused now...
Can someone explain how it works, do I even have a chance?

Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM

461 posts, read 2,000,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl20023 View Post
I was placed on a waiting list, not sure how that works. After the first interview I was told that the apartment I am quilified for not available for now, and that I might get a call later from management for additional interview... i'm confused now...
Can someone explain how it works, do I even have a chance?

Your best bet is to take your section 8 voucher and move to another state where you can get more bang for your buck. The section 8 voucher can be used nationwide. You are not restricted in using it in NY only. You should strongly look in to that.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 PM

2 posts, read 13,767 times
i don't have a section 8 voucher...
do you mean i have almost no chance?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl20023 View Post
do you mean i have almost no chance?
You have to wait your turn. That's all. The interview with management is to see the apartment and for you to accept it or not.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 12,875 times
Hi! everyone i need help. I have an interview. I only have an unemployment benefit for my main income. Do you mean unemployed will disqualify? Then Why they sill ask me for interview. I live in my current address almost two years? Do think i need my past landlord as well? I am very nervous and anxious.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 PM

5 posts, read 105,584 times
Unemployment benefit is considered a source of income. Make sure you take all documentations with you. Goodluck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City