Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 AM

6 posts, read 47,402 times

Advertisements

Hi I will like to know if is possible to switch nycha apartments I live in queens in a very nice area but my daughter suffers from autism and the best school for that is located in yonkers(bronx) I will like to change my apartment and move over there if any one have any info please let me know thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM

10 posts, read 70,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami0520 View Post
Hi I will like to know if is possible to switch nycha apartments I live in queens in a very nice area but my daughter suffers from autism and the best school for that is located in yonkers(bronx) I will like to change my apartment and move over there if any one have any info please let me know thank you
I know you can put in for a transfer down at NYCHA if you been in your apt for at least a year, but it may take a while cause you go on a waiting list again.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,501 times
Default apartment switch

Quote:

Hello
I am interested in switching apartments. I live in the Bronx and would like to move queens.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM

me too i will like to move to the bronx can you email me at smartinez100@nyc.rr.com so we can talk more

Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,904 times
Quote:
I believe Y.O has their own housing authority...thats no longer apart of NYCHA.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 AM

86 posts, read 172,539 times
Yes you can transfer. You dont have to wait a year like the other person said. You can ask for a transfer at anytime of your residency as long as your reason for transfer is in there manual of procedures, and yes your reason is in the manual, all you have to do is speak to your HA (housing assistance and she can assist you further)

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM

86 posts, read 172,539 times
The answer about switching apartments is NO. You can not switch apartments with another resident of NYCHA if you do and get caught you will both be terminated. Your daughters needs already qualifies you for a transfer.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 PM

I spoke to my HA and she said my reasons are not enogh for a transfer. I really dont know what to do anymore. But thanks for the info anyways

Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM

25 posts, read 237,215 times
So,even if I was N1 priority, and I am the only one who is on my case load, if I want to add my kids onto the case later on, let's say like a year after I move into my apartment, I could?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Of course you cannot switch apartments with another resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City