Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 08:06 PM

7 posts, read 15,408 times

Advertisements

I want to share a room in newyork city.I want to know what's the cheapest rate for roomshare per month.I have read several ads on craigslist that say 250 to 300 $ per month but there is one ad that says that they have rooms at various locations in NYC ranging from 215 to 400 $ multiperson rooms.I want to know if the offer is valid.Can someone help me with this.This ad is on craigslist.This is what the ad says:

"Need a Room in this tough economy???We have rooms and multi-person rooms available from $215-$400 a month .All utilities included; Light, Gas, Heat, Water, TV in each room with cable, Phone where you could receive or make calls (personal or business) and access to internet (where available). All houses that I have rooms available are up to housing code standards. The services that we (Transitional Living Forever USA LLC) provide are greatly appreciated by people that are getting paid less than a $1000 a month (income could be above $1000) and you are in the process of saving up your money to get something better like a studio apartment or a 1 bedroom apartment etc., This stepping stone to a better lifestyle is provided just for you. We even have a program (if accepted) that pays for your rent for you if you cannot pay for it yourself. If you’re from out of state and are planning or always wanted to live in New York City but do not have family in NYC to help you get started living on your own, we got you covered in one of our many houses in the 5 boroughs, All you need is a bus and/or train ticket to NYC and we'll come and get you or give you proper directions to get to one of our houses that are open for intake 24/7. We have houses that specialize in recovery; so if your fresh out of rehab in-patient, detox, etc., and do not have any where to go because you’re in the progress of rebuilding your family ties and are serious about staying clean and getting your life together and need a welfare (P.A.) case open for cash and food stamps (not accepting ppl that were on welfare that are now sanctioned) we help you get everything you need to stay off the streets and out of the shelter system and into one of our spacious rooms. We offer you clean sheets, pillows, toothbrushes, etc. all included to get your life started the right way, the better way. The various items I have mentioned are provided no matter what your situation is at the present time, especially during intake, the first step toward the right direction. So if you are tired of paying almost your entire paycheck on rent, want to start your life on a new slate, or even want to save your hard-earned money during this hard economical downfall do not hesitate to give us a call for this major opportunity"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
I would RUN from this. In the opposite direction. QUICKLY.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:31 AM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
I would RUN from this. In the opposite direction. QUICKLY.
I'll co-sign on that. RUN!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:02 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
I googled it and found it listed on some site as a homeless shelter. Who knows. My opinion is if that's the best you can do on your move to NYC, don't come.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,999,373 times
Probably dingy slum with a mafia landlord

Old 10-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Then what can be the cheapest rate or average rate for room share in NYC.because i m trying to cut down the cost as much as possible for living.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
You can find some really ratty rooms for rent for as little as $75/week outside Manhattan but phone isn't included. In Manhattan, you might find an unfurnished room/roommate situation for $150 per week - some will have kitchen privileges, others will not and you'll probably have to pay utilities and your own phone.

The ad you posted is a charity willing to help you start saving to upgrade to your own place. It's not a "run from it" situation. It's a "down on your luck with nothing else new beginning". If you can't afford to pay $250/month with all utilities, you can't afford NYC.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Is it normal that roommates ask for a face picture bec i have contacted a couple of individuals who said send us ur face pic.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll5827 View Post
Is it normal that roommates ask for a face picture bec i have contacted a couple of individuals who said send us ur face pic.
I'd say it's a reasonable request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City