Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 PM

9 posts, read 58,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
She usually walks one block to 96th and Lexington and takes the 6 or when she really wants to, walks the other way down to 86th and Lexington(15 min walk or so) to take the 4/5 express train. I'm not sure where you work but if you work pretty far south(past midtown), I would take the 4/5 express to 86th, walk upstairs and then take the 6 up to 96th since the weather is getting cooler.
Oh i know the subway very well, i was referring to the safety factor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:53 PM

988 posts, read 3,253,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked View Post
Oh i know the subway very well, i was referring to the safety factor
Oh, that station isn't bad. She usually takes cabs home when she gets home very late so I can't vouch for the 96th st station after midnight. I've taken it at midnight on Fri/Sat night and its still somewhat busy but if you don't want to pay a lot for a cab if you have a late night, take the subway to 86th and then take a cab from there. That station is always busy.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,999,373 times
Projects start above 96th around Lexington (and above 92nd over on 1st Ave). I wouldn't want to live somewhere where one entire direction is declared a no-go area.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent22 View Post
Projects start above 96th around Lexington (and above 92nd over on 1st Ave). I wouldn't want to live somewhere where one entire direction is declared a no-go area.
That's what im worried about, but i hear a lot of the projects are getting pushed back because prices are going up

Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
The NYCHA projects on the UES are really nothing to fear, since they are far from being the most notorious in the city, nor are there superblocks of them that extend seemingly for miles in all directions. The same general precautions that one takes anywhere in the city would be recommended on any part of the UES, not just the northernmost areas.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
The NYCHA projects on the UES are really nothing to fear, since they are far from being the most notorious in the city, nor are there superblocks of them that extend seemingly for miles in all directions. The same general precautions that one takes anywhere in the city would be recommended on any part of the UES, not just the northernmost areas.
So i have nothing to worry about? (sorry just wanting to be sure)

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked View Post
So i have nothing to worry about? (sorry just wanting to be sure)
No, I would not have any immediate concerns in that area, aside from most other areas in the city. Above 96th, things do change, but I'd be sure to use the same precautions anywhere in the city. The 96th St. border is also where police precincts change, from the 19th to the 23rd.

Nothing wrong with being sure about an area, and no need to apologize at all. It can be daunting to know about some of the areas in the city, and what may look imposing may not be, and vice versa, since everything looks a bit different after dark.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM

479 posts, read 1,442,483 times
You will be fine.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 PM

moving into normandie court the building is called

Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,999,373 times
A good choice relative to others in the neighborhood, but it's called Dormandie Court for a reason - it's a favorite of the post-college crowd. Sounds like you've been around the city - doubtful you are just post-college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City