Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 05:25 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times

Advertisements

Win U Tawk Like Dis (or something similar). Imagine if everyone sounded like Fran Drescher lol, I like her voice + accent (I watch The Nanny every night lol).

When you can name your favorite pizza shop and give the exact location in under 5 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Default You become a master of the short-con.

When you're only friendly if you want something from the other person (and something immediate...we're not talking long-con here...), then, the very second you get whatever it is, your facial expression changes and your attitude is like "So what are you hangin' around for? I'm through with you."

Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM

315 posts, read 871,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Since you bring it up...

You know you're a New Yorker when you know that a real eggcream is made with Fox's U-Bet!

(Hershey's? That just screams "imitation!")
fOX,s u- bet- thats absolutley correct!!!
Then put about 2 inches of ice cold Whole Milk into the glass
Squirt ice cold seltzer in- using as much pressure possible
(this generates the creamy white foam,w/o blowing it all over the place
Fill it until the foam is about 1 inch below the top of the glass >>
>>if its done right, the foam should be creamy and white as snow with a distictive bumpy texture=
Practice, practice,practice- -those old time seltzer spickets are tricky
You want a thin stream/high pressure
Pour the chocolate syrup thru the center of the white foam,until the foam rises just above the rim- - - Mix with a long spoon-so the bowl of the spoon is at the bottom of the glass- -

*I remembered some of this but I got help from the internet* I wouldnt attempt to screw up such a great creation- - go to the professionals

I recommend Gem Spa,s on 2nd ave/ St.Marks place >Lower East Side-its been there long time- - Man,its been awhile!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
you know your from new york, when u over-exaggerate your accent(by just a little bit) when talking out of state, because you know the person your talking to will be impressed. That person will ask you- are you from new york? and you will gladly respond yes, since you know that person got all their information about new york from famous movies and tv shows; you'll feel like a ,almost but not quite celebrity.>>>>>>>>>>>nyers know what im talking about lol

Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM

266 posts, read 464,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
you know your from new york, when u over-exaggerate your accent(by just a little bit) when talking out of state, because you know the person your talking to will be impressed. That person will ask you- are you from new york? and you will gladly respond yes, since you know that person got all their information about new york from famous movies and tv shows; you'll feel like a ,almost but not quite celebrity.>>>>>>>>>>>nyers know what im talking about lol
Glad to see a NYer actually admit this. We small town folk are onto you.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:17 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
Glad to see a NYer actually admit this. We small town folk are onto you.
LOL its all in fun though. Well not for some new yorkers. Some of us actually expect the red carpet treatment

Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
You know you're a New Yorker when you can diss another borough all day long...but the moment someone from out of town makes a derogatory comment about that same borough, you're offended to the very depths of your soul.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKATL View Post
-When you're in another city @ a stop light, turns green no horns are blaring. Everyone just sits there and wait for you to move until the light turns red again.
-When you drive in the right turn only lane to get in front of heavy traffic.
-When you wonder why people go out of their way to say hi, you think they are crazy or looking for some attention.
-When you've been away for a very long time and just can't wait to get back to NY because no where else in the world can compare and you appreciate our home state a whole lot more. I LOVE NEW YORK!
My hat................to you....... I have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
You are quite correct: I have been in many parts of California, and when I meet people and tell them that I am from NY, they look at me with a bewildering look in their faces, and they have a smiling face on, some times I get confused, and I think that they are flirting with me ...... ..........they seem to place New Yorkers in a pedestal...........I guess it must be because we are so smart............and can think fast.........

Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 AM

236 posts, read 389,920 times
*When a singing homeless person playing a wooden trumpet with no right arm annoys you because he interrupted your nap on the 5 train
*When you are happy because you found a muni meter that gives you a 1/2 hour for $0.25
*When you know that if you live in the outer burroughs that Manhattan is known as "The City"
*When The President is in town and you automatically think about all the unecessary traffic that is about to happen
*When someone else is reading a magazine on the train and you get mad because you didnt finish reading the last page
*When you get so mad at McDonalds because you have to pay $0.15 for a extra sauce because you didn't buy nuggets but you just paid $9.00 for your small value meal

Love this thread!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City