Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM

72 posts, read 201,452 times

Advertisements

I am visiting a friend in Brooklyn, in the Park Slope area. My bus arrives at about 10 am in the morning and my friend will be at work until about 10 pm that evening. What is there to do on a Sunday afternoon/evening that's cheap and entertaining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM

467 posts, read 1,864,352 times
Walk around Prospect Park, go to the Botanical Garden (not in PS), go to the Brooklyn Museum of Art (not in PS either, both are in/on the border of Prospect Heights which is easy to get to from PS), shoot pool at Ocean's 8, hang out at Union Hall, walk around the neighborhood... maybe I'm being boring or unoriginal, but these are the things that come to mind!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
MHN

5 posts, read 12,793 times
There are tons of bars, restaurants and shops in Park Slope. However two days after Christmas things may be a little slow. Your friend should now. What do you like to do? Walk around (5th and 7th are the two shopping avenues) go to a bar. All the restaurants there are pretty good except for the indian restaurants. I like it hot and spicy and they all serve mild and boring.

If you want to get away from PS how about walking across the Brooklyn Bridge if it's not too cold. You could take the F or N into Chinatown. Grab a bite; walk across, go to Grimaldies and go back home.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 PM

72 posts, read 201,452 times
Any museums open? I'm thinking Sunday afternoon is a tough day to be in NY alone....

Old 12-12-2009, 04:46 PM

904 posts, read 2,869,537 times
If the weather is nice, I'd strongly recommend checking out Prospect Park, which is the nicest park in the city IMO. If it's too cold (or even if it's not, you've got plenty of time) you could also go to the Brooklyn Museum, which on the other site of the park. Google it, it's not in Park Slope, but it's not far. There's also a lot of good coffeeshops and cafes around there where you could kill some time, so bring a good book.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 PM

904 posts, read 2,869,537 times
Quote:
Any museums open? I'm thinking Sunday afternoon is a tough day to be in NY alone....
I can't speak to the Brooklyn Museum specifically, but I'd be very, very surprised if it was closed on Sundays. Most NYC museums are open on Sundays. Just check the hours on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City