Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,129 times

Advertisements

I'm on here to help my boyfriend find a teaching job in the new york city area, preferably staten island. He's in school right now, he needs to find a school that will hire him as a student teacher, and the school is doing the best they can to help, but we've found out they've done zilch. We know it's a stretch to find a position on SI, but isn't there an easier way to find a teaching job around here? I mean, nothing seems organized within the board of education when it comes to trying to find a job. I'm surprised they're not more helpful or organized. We don't know any contacts and it seems to find a job, especially in the nyc area, you have to know someone. Any information will be helpful and very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 10:05 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
what's his certification, and what school does he go to right now?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:12 PM

He has a class B license and he's currently enrolled at the Emipire State College teaching program. He's been in the program for a year. When one of his classmates went looking for a job at a school, the administrator there told her that the class B license is not what the Board of Ed wants, yet that's the one they all applied for in order to student teach. The ESC told the students they're trying to work the situation out, but it seems we can't get any answers from either the college or Board of Ed themselves.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:12 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
I've never heard of a class B license. What I meant was, what kind of teacher is he going to be, what grades and subject?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Oh...he's going to be a social studies teacher in high school. Iit seems a lot of people haven't heard of the class B license, yet that's what the school told him to apply for and that's what the Board of Ed gave him. Yet they won't accept it if you go apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: