Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Like riaelise stated, i to am proud of being born and raised in the bronx. Your post is a little over the top. For one i live in soundview right now. In a quite gated community with no gunshots to be heard. So that tells you right there, that there are good parts and bad parts everywhere even down to a neighborhood level, let alone the entire borough. And the bronx isnt anybodys dumpster, maybe the south bronx but ot the borough as a whole.

And the thing that irks my jerk. Brooklyn,queens and manhatan all have "dumpsters" aswell. Especially brooklyn, its not just the bronx at all
Harbour Pointe by WPR? Or Layfayette Estates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 03:35 PM

730 posts, read 2,053,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
What do you mean by Bronx restoration sites? If you mean major new developments, look to Melrose. That community is, I believe, one of the fasest if not the fastest growing community in NYC. There are a number of lots that have been developed, and a major 1 million sf development (northrose) to include a college, dense working/middle class housing, retail, and commercial. The remaining lots have just been bought and will be developed as middled class housing also...the entire swath of Melrose has literally been built brick by brick, and it will be completely rebuilt over the next 3 years.
Not to mention the community that existed in Melrose before the development played a big part in the construction without any sort of displacements.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:19 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Agreed that every borough has its dumpster. But I think the difference with the other boroughs and the Bronx is that you can avoid the bad areas in the others. In Manhattan, just avoid going Uptown. In Queens, Southside and Farrock are very isolated from the rest of Queens. The Brooklyn hoods are all in the northern/eastern part of BK, and they are all bunched up. Easily avoidable. But in the BX, it's really hard to avoid the hood just cause it's everywhere. Even the decent areas are kinda gritty.

Also I think the Bronx gets hated on less now than before. But it's hard to compete with the BK, QNZ, and THE CITY.
I never knew, say, Country Club was "gritty". There are decent Bx neighborhoods and then there are great Bx neighborhoods. Not all of them are shoot em up Dodge Cities. What's stopping you from leaving where you're at now and leveling up instead of dissing a place post in and post out? It's all about the green, and if you have a decent amount of green, you're not going to be living in a 'dumpster.' Of course, there's going to be good with the bad, but that's anywhere. If you think that the other boroughs are these utopias with isolated pockets, you're crazy, man.

Interspersed with the tony neighborhoods are gritty areas - that's how NYC was designed. The high crime rate is on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis. There are a number of places whose crime rates have remained stable for many years. There are many places that aren't seeing a mass migration, I can name at least 10 neighborhoods off the top of my head.

For those who think the Bronx is a dumpster, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestburynLI to BronxnNYC View Post
Harbour Pointe by WPR? Or Layfayette Estates?
lafayette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City