Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 03:19 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,248,856 times

Advertisements

I wasn't in NYC during the crack days, but I had to go down to NC to visit the in-laws and I was shocked by what I saw. Perhaps I am a naive east coast elite, but I never expected to see white guys with tear-drop tattoos on their faces sitting around smoking at the local diner. And I had only seen trailer parks on the news after hurricanes in FL, but to see huge lots of falling down trailers was eye-opening. But it was really the signs of white gang activity that threw me for the biggest loop. I had no idea and felt quite stupid about it.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
I don't think it's that you are an east coast elite, I think that living in NYC, you forget the reality of America, and as a result of living here are brainwashed to believe blacks = poor/crime, whites = rich. It's striking when you go to the rest of the country and realize how bad this way of thinking is...and how wrong for that matter. It helps to keep things in perspective.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Notice no comment from RussianIyanov after the truth was backed up with beyond enough proof... once those spewing convenient facts to encourage racism realize the reality and are met with people who actually know what they are talking about... they stay silent and wait for another thread with others who are not as informed to make their case...

Its really sad... you'd think after so many years at least the mentalities of people would have changed... I think I'm gonna take Paul's advice and move to London, racial tension is no where near as high...

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I don't think it's that you are an east coast elite, I think that living in NYC, you forget the reality of America, and as a result of living here are brainwashed to believe blacks = poor/crime, whites = rich. It's striking when you go to the rest of the country and realize how bad this way of thinking is...and how wrong for that matter. It helps to keep things in perspective.
The FACT is that predominantly black neighborhoods are more violent than predominantly white ones. Not all blacks are thugs and not all whites are rich however there is a higher percentage of black people in prison and a higher percentage of them shooting people up on the corner. Maybe you could call it a social problem and not a racial problem however there are parts of Russia that are basically third world and the people are not shooting up street corners every night.

Last edited by RussianIvanov; 08-17-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Notice no comment from RussianIyanov after the truth was backed up with beyond enough proof... once those spewing convenient facts to encourage racism realize the reality and are met with people who actually know what they are talking about... they stay silent and wait for another thread with others who are not as informed to make their case...

Its really sad... you'd think after so many years at least the mentalities of people would have changed... I think I'm gonna take Paul's advice and move to London, racial tension is no where near as high...

Notice I logged off. Amazing it is yes?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
The FACT is that predominantly black neighborhoods are more violent than predominantly white ones. Not all blacks are thugs and not all whites are rich however there is a higher percentage of black people in prison and a higher percentage of them shooting people up on the corner. Maybe you could call it a social problem and not a racial problem however there are parts of Russia that are basically third world and the people are not shooting up street corners every night.
doesnt russia have very dangerous sections??? and i also heard that their is a city in russia that is 1 percent skinhead alone and they kill massive armenian , and non white immigrants daily.

RUSSIA IS A HORRIBLE EXAMPLE.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Are you trying to deny the fact that high crime neighborhoods are predominantly black? I personally have nothing against blacks if that is what you are going to do is call me racist but the truth tells all.
wow some white people like you really never understand anything about race talk.

what your saying has nothing to do with the comment at all. so what if blacks commit the most of the crimes....it doesn't mean every black area or black person is bad.

stop reading the newspaper and meet a few black people the train would be a good start. they wont bite.

and also russians have a bad rep of crime to. i have friends who can tell me plenty of scary stories about brighton beach not to long ago.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post

Moving to London isn't solving the problem. Europeans act smug about the whole issue but the simple fact of the matter is Britian is still 90% British. Plus, rates of poverty and crime between different ethnic groups also show huge disparaties such as Brits vs Pakistanis or Africans vs Jamaicans.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
doesnt russia have very dangerous sections??? and i also heard that their is a city in russia that is 1 percent skinhead alone and they kill massive armenian , and non white immigrants daily.

RUSSIA IS A HORRIBLE EXAMPLE.
They attack dark skinned dark haired people because they are just as much of a threat to Russia as Mexicans are to America taking jobs. Believe it or not but Russia has a lot of immigrants going there for a better life. Yes a better life. The Russian government is doing nothing about it like America but the Russian government supports the Skinhead attacks as long as they do not attack Jews. That has nothing to do with poverty as they are emotional attacks though. Russia has dangerous parts but it has parts where the poverty in them makes Detroit look like Beverly Hills yet the crime rates are nowehere near Detroit's levels. Much murder in Russia is also the result of the mob not thugs with their pants halfway down their arse shooting 50 rounds and still missing their target hitting an innocent 4 year old in the crossfire.

I have black workers and they are very good workers in fact they are some of the best guys I have on the job but that still does not change the fact that predominantly black neighborhoods are still more violent.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 AM

160 posts, read 1,679,140 times
russians dont know how to address racial convos it seems...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City