Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM

160 posts, read 1,679,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post

There's another article on the NYPD and quotas, this time the 77th precinct: Cops at Brooklyn's crime-ridden 77th Precinct told to meet quotas for moving violations, memos say
lol. rofl.lmao...oh man, i got tears coming. I mean, dont get me wrong, i'm sure my hood is tougher than most places in brooklyn, but crime ridden?lol. crime troddened yes. ridden? no. at least i dont think so.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times
In the previous crime thread, there was a discussion about the google street views where you can see drug deals happening. Well Google Street View helps capture heroin drug-ring suspects in East Williamsburg Brooklyn - NYPOST.com

Ain't that something?!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,528 times
I wonder what precinct had the biggest increase over last year.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:38 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I wonder what precinct had the biggest increase over last year.
well for one thing people tend to focus on the rough areas more but from what i saw on the nypd site was that the 114th precinct that guards the areas of Astoria and long island city had a 133 percent increase in murders compared to last year at the same time.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs114pct.pdf

7 now vs 3 last year. That is a bigger increase then what neighborhoods in east new york , and Brownsville went through this year.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:15 AM

301 posts, read 639,983 times
NY was very bad back in the 80's with adult video shops in Times Square, our city has come a long way. NY always redefining limitless possibilities

Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
well for one thing people tend to focus on the rough areas more but from what i saw on the nypd site was that the 114th precinct that guards the areas of Astoria and long island city had a 133 percent increase in murders compared to last year at the same time.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs114pct.pdf

7 now vs 3 last year. That is a bigger increase then what neighborhoods in east new york , and Brownsville went through this year.
I think East Harlem's 25th precinct has the biggest homicide increase with 400%. As for crime overall? Well stats report that Central Park has over a 40% increase and for neighborhoods overall BK precincts such as the 77th, 81st, and 88th have over a 10% increase, don't know which has the biggest increase though.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,128 times
Can someone check the 104 precints and 83rd Precints and post it on here. Those are the two precints for Ridgewood. I know last year in Ridgewood there was only 2 or 3 murders but this year I know of six already and I was just wondering how factual these statistics are. By the way 83rd covers one side of half of Ridgewood/and part of Bushwick while 104 covers the other half of Ridgewood/Glendale and Middle Village. And @ Sobroguy in regards of his comment of 90% of Black murders are Black on Black I just want to say thank you. I can't tell you how many of my fellow hispanic people and also Black people as well complain about the cops and how they're treated but the truth of the matter is that we are the ones (general terms) that are killing ourselves off. Dont lay the blame on the cops or on society. You can make it out of the hood and live a better live if you choose too. Or you also have the option of living comfortably in the hood if thats what you prefer. Stop banging on the corner and making yourself susceptible to dangerous situations and the numbers of blacks and hispanics being killed off would decrease dramatically.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 AM

810 posts, read 836,906 times
52% increase of rapes in Hamilton Heights/30th Precint

That's incredible considering HH is a small area.

NYPD grills suspect that may be behind rape and robbery of a Hamilton Heights woman

Quote:
Cops blanketed the uptown neighborhood yesterday, giving women tips on how to stay safe. Police also advised women to pay attention to their surroundings and avoid talking on cell phones while on the street.
"Of course, I don't walk alone at night, but this happened early in the afternoon," said stay-at-home mom Ilka Azcona, 36.
In the 30th Precinct, where the Thursday sex assault took place, 26 rapes have been reported through Nov. 7. That's a 53% increase from 17 during the same period last year.
Cops released a photo of the suspect, which led to a flood of tipsters identifying the man. Police said the suspect was in his 30s.
The man stole some of his victim's belongings and headed to a nearby bodega to use her debit card, where he was caught on security tape.
"It's scary," said Jocelyn Vasquez, 48. She said she carries pepper spray - and will now buy it for her 12-year-old daughter.
And the photo of the suspect.

Cops Question Suspect In Hamilton Heights Attack | NBC New York

The victim was a college student, and they are often the victims in these kinds of crimes.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Can someone check the 104 precints and 83rd Precints and post it on here. Those are the two precints for Ridgewood. I know last year in Ridgewood there was only 2 or 3 murders but this year I know of six already and I was just wondering how factual these statistics are. By the way 83rd covers one side of half of Ridgewood/and part of Bushwick while 104 covers the other half of Ridgewood/Glendale and Middle Village. And @ Sobroguy in regards of his comment of 90% of Black murders are Black on Black I just want to say thank you. I can't tell you how many of my fellow hispanic people and also Black people as well complain about the cops and how they're treated but the truth of the matter is that we are the ones (general terms) that are killing ourselves off. Dont lay the blame on the cops or on society. You can make it out of the hood and live a better live if you choose too. Or you also have the option of living comfortably in the hood if thats what you prefer. Stop banging on the corner and making yourself susceptible to dangerous situations and the numbers of blacks and hispanics being killed off would decrease dramatically.
Actually I think 83rd covers Bushwick only. They don't mix precincts for two boroughs. Here's 104th: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs104pct.pdf

Old 11-14-2010, 07:33 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,128 times
No 83rd covers Ridgewood mainly from Seneca Ave on into Bushwick but its towards the side closer to Bushwick and you see the cops from 83rd all the time over there... I dont kno if this is the case or not but the transition from Ridgewood to Bushwick is almost nonexistent there are blocks on Wyckoff where you think you're in Bushwick but youre in Ridgewood and then there are blocks on cypress where you think youre in Ridgewood but youre really in Bushwick so I think maybe thats why you see the cops of 83rd patrolling that area and especially that part of Ridgewood is high crime. So if you could post that one up too it would help to give one a sense of overall crime in the Ridgewood/Bushwick area... thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City