Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 02:53 PM

50 posts, read 135,173 times

Advertisements

Hey people,

I'm a junior in high school, so right about now I'm being tossed A LOT of college options. I know I want to go to college for sure. Were at, I'm not sure.

I have always been really interested in New York City. I've always wondered what it would be like to live with so many people in such a small area since where I live, I have to drive 5 miles to get to the "city center" and my closest neighbor is half a mile away.

I want to get into architecture so I guess my first question is how is the architecture business there?

Also I'm really into Alternative and Indie music, so whats the area that most of that is? I just assumed that it would be around SoHo and TriBeca?

And finally how much is housing? I know in big citites it's quite expensive so what area would be the cheapest? I know all of this is quite far in the future, but I've always wanted to know.

Oh, and one last thing, I've talked to a few people that moved from where I live and lived on the East Coast for a while. They siad that it's really cloudy a lot, and they really missed that mountains. I guess the East Coast doesn't have any snow capped mountains like the Northweast does?

Thanks for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 AM

176 posts, read 729,728 times
I dont know too much about specifics about schools but there are plenty and I'm sure if you do your research you can find a good school here. NYU comes to mind it is smack in the city and a degree from NYU you stand out in the world. You do have to have GPA and though. With that said it is expensive the tuition is insane but if you have scholorship you might be good or you have the funds. NY is very expensive, housing will cost you. Since you will be in school your best bet is to get a roomate but even with a roomate in manhattan in a decent area you'll be paying at least $1,000 a month. Once you do your research and figure out which school fits you than you need to do your budget and see if you can afford it.

Good luck, NY is great for youngsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City