Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM

30 posts, read 221,883 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know if the Crystal House (on Matthews Ave between Pelham Parkway S and Lydig) was a Co-Op or Rental. If its a rental how much do 1 and 2 bedrooms typically go for in that bldg? Any info is greatly appreciated...Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 03:49 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,064,755 times
Crystal house looks like a really nice well kept building and it is definitely a rental.Don't know how much the apartments go for but there is a sign with a number to call on the front of the building.I live nearby and walk by there frequently. It is a very convenient and safe neighborhood.Lots of shopping and only 3 or 4 blocks from the 2 and 5.The building is also practically on the corner of Pelham Parkway so there are lots of trees and parks around.

There is a coop building directly across the street ... maybe 2185( ?) Matthews if you are looking for a coop.That's the only coop building on that block though there are lots on Holland ,Cruger,Wallace and Barnes in the blocks South and North of Pelham Parkway and along Bronx Park East.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Thanks alot..i called the number earlier, no answer. I really do like the area. I have a friend that lives around there, hav u ever been inside the bldg?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

No,sorry,never been inside.
It is definitely a great neighborhood. I moved here a few years ago from Williamsburg and like it more and more.Nice mix of everyone and everything and a nice vibe.
It is a big building so it must have a resident super.If you don't have luck with the phone number during the week maybe you should try to find the super to get more info or another number.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the info

Old 01-09-2010, 04:19 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,464,853 times
don't know about crystal house, but I do know a lot about the area. Very good neighborhood to live in. Like bluedog said, close to shopping, transportation. I had a condo on Waring Avenue for 7 years and I lived alone and worked late hours. Didn't feel unsafe at all. I think buying there would also be a good investment - I turned a really nice profit when I sold You'd especially do well if you purchased a 2 bed over a 1 bed. Even though I was alone, I knew resale wise a 2/2 would sell faster than a 1/1. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
don't know about crystal house, but I do know a lot about the area. Very good neighborhood to live in. Like bluedog said, close to shopping, transportation. I had a condo on Waring Avenue for 7 years and I lived alone and worked late hours. Didn't feel unsafe at all. I think buying there would also be a good investment - I turned a really nice profit when I sold You'd especially do well if you purchased a 2 bed over a 1 bed. Even though I was alone, I knew resale wise a 2/2 would sell faster than a 1/1. Good luck.

Thanks for the help but Im not in a position to buy right now, lol. Im a college student and Ill b graduating in a year or so, I was just tryin to get a feel for different places Ill possibly b moving too..I dont plan on living at home for an extended period after I graduate. I know the market probably wont b the same 2 years from now, I was just curious about what certain rentals were going for.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 PM

My guess would be that the studios are around $900 ,1 br's are around $1,000 or so and the 2 br's around $1,200.The apartments in that type of building in the neighborhood tend to be large.

later addition : just saw an ad for a large 1 br for rent in the coop building across the street( 2165 Matthews) for 990/mo.Looks very clean and renovated.Can't include the link but it's on Point 2 homes.

Last edited by bluedog2; 01-09-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 PM

thanks..hopefully the prices for these apartments in this neighborhood dont skyrocket in the next couple of years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: