Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:26 AM

36 posts, read 126,826 times

Advertisements

I was born at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and lived in Jamaica for the first 10 years of my life. Lived in Corona for a year, then Long Island City for 2 years. *sigh* Moved to Brooklyn when I was 13 and lived there for 9 years, and I loooooooved it! Made a bad decision and moved down South

I'm hoping to get back to NY soon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
I was born in French Hospital in Manhattan - I think it is condos now - and lived first in the east village and then Greenwich Village until we moved to Brooklyn when I was in my early teens. I went to JHS and then HS in Manhattan though. Lived in Brooklyn until my mid-thirties, then moved to north NJ to be closer to work. Got my BA at Brooklyn College - absolutely loved my four years there.
All of my kids were born in NY Hospital and all (except the youngest) were raised exclusively in Brooklyn.
When I lived in Brooklyn, there was no Barnes & Noble in Park Slope, the Brooklyn Museum was still dark and mysterious and the "Q" express train ran over the Manhattan bridge and stopped at DeKalb Ave. Those were the days. I do occasionally still miss living in NYC - the beach, Shakespeare in Central Park, riding my bicycle in Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens when the cherry trees are blooming, many museums in Manhattan, just walking around the Village, summer nights at Yankee Stadium and the pizza. Especially the pizza.
It is still very nice to visit, but, I've found my true home in the desert

Old 02-07-2010, 08:38 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,097 times
I was born in Beth Israel Hosp and spent the first 5 yrs of my life in the LES. Lived in the pj's right off of the FDR Drive (Baruch Houses?) We moved to Bklyn, on Crown St. Lived there for about 1yr, then moved to Flatbush. Stayed in Flatbush, til 8th grade then moved to Far Rockaway for about a yr., which sucked b/c i went to j.h.s. in Bensonhurst! (which sucked for other reasons to since i'm a minority). We moved to Coney Island by the time i was ready to go to h.s. I went to Lincoln. GO RAILSPLITTERS!
Took a detour down south in my early 20's for college, and came back to NYC after i had my kid. Spent most of my adult yrs in Queens. First in Springfield Gdns, then lastly (and for the longest period of time) in LIC.

Now i'm upstate for school.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM

14 posts, read 42,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
You can go "home" again. Click the red marker and select 'street view' it's just like you are in the old neighborhood driving around. If you don't see the link, keep zooming in on the map until it won't zoom any more. I have 'gone home' this way.
home st. - Google Maps
Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:42 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
queens '84.
queens all day.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 AM

527 posts, read 1,019,601 times
born in physicians hospital in flushing (no longer there)
Lived in Flushing, Jamaica estates, New Hyde park and for the past 20years Whitestone

Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,291,752 times
Born in the Bronx. Raised in the Bronx. Live in the Bronx.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Born in Wycoff Heights Hospital in Brooklyn, grew up on the Bushwick/Ridgewood border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City