Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 02:58 PM

146 posts, read 279,912 times

Advertisements

they dont tell you results of your medical tho today right...you wait like a week or so and they send something in the mail telling,then your next step would be them sending you something to be hired or does anyone know how thats works

Quote:
Originally Posted by egotrip View Post
You may go the day after you may not. It depends on how many people are scheduled to go to the clinic that day. They supposedly only schedule 25 people per day for medicals so your appointment may or can be 1-3 days later. For example I went to pre-orientation on Friday but my medical was today.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM

51 posts, read 101,138 times
Default medical results

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobesanman37 View Post
they dont tell you results of your medical tho today right...you wait like a week or so and they send something in the mail telling,then your next step would be them sending you something to be hired or does anyone know how thats works
You can call HR in approximately a week to see if you passed providing you took care of everything ( medical, xray, hearing, bloodwork) on the same day or the day after. They tell you try to get everything done in three days the sooner they get the results the better.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM

121 posts, read 249,421 times
Your background check doesnt end with you getting hired. I was told that it continues for up to five years after you are hired. The chances of someone slipping through this check are very small. List everything because they will probably find out about it if you dont. You will likely be terminated if that happens.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM

184 posts, read 338,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
So that means that DSNY is able to and will find any sealed records that
you either didn't disclose or were unable to find the disposition of your case? I thought only law enforcement can look into sealed records, then
again DSNY is a government agency so they might have that power.

I am talking about misdemeanors where you plead guilty and had to pay a
fine or restitution, no jail time and if you stayed out of trouble for a certain period of time your record will be sealed.

Criminal History Record Search - Unified Court System

DCAS does your background and stuff that is sealed will still pop up as an arrest without details.....trust me I used to be an Investigator for the City and dealt with these fools on the regular.....if you pay a fine or restitution you still plead guilty so LIST EVERYTHING unless it was dismissed or you were found not guilty.....you can be hired and fired cause it takes almost 2 years to do your background.....you don't want to complete probation only to get fired for omitting something that would have not held you up in the first place....this job is very coveted and people will cut your throat to get in......you guys are in a good position to be the last with the 20 and out.....once you get past the probation you have to be a complete idiot or an addict to have the job taken away from you.....be on time....work safe and your day is done with no worries.....it's not always easy but your good days will outweigh the bad ones.....personally I hate the snow and this winter was rough to get through but time can only go forward and you get through it

Last edited by faubs110; 08-10-2011 at 03:35 PM..

Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM

146 posts, read 279,912 times
ok thank you for the info...how do you know if you get the job they call you or you have to call hr also

Quote:
Originally Posted by egotrip View Post
You can call HR in approximately a week to see if you passed providing you took care of everything ( medical, xray, hearing, bloodwork) on the same day or the day after. They tell you try to get everything done in three days the sooner they get the results the better.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,043,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
DCAS does your background and stuff that is sealed will still pop up as an arrest without details.....trust me I used to be an Investigator for the City and dealt with these fools on the regular.....if you pay a fine or restitution you still plead guilty so LIST EVERYTHING unless it was dismissed or you were found not guilty.....you can be hired and fired cause it takes almost 2 years to do your background.....you don't want to complete probation only to get fired for omitting something that would have not held you up in the first place....this job is very coveted and people will cut your throat to get in......you guys are in a good position to be the last with the 20 and out.....once you get past the probation you have to be a complete idiot or an addict to have the job taken away from you.....be on time....work safe and your day is done with no worries.....it's not always easy but your good days will outweigh the bad ones.....personally I hate the snow and this winter was rough to get through but time can only go forward and you get through it
Thanks, I just wanted to be clear on that issue, even though I won't
get hired from this list,(mid #5,000's) it's good to know for the next time around.

Was last winter a record in terms of OT $$ for you? They no longer pay a lump sum after night plow is over right? You get your OT in the following weeks pay.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM

39 posts, read 65,648 times
Orientation Tomorrow. I have everything i need but a Social Security card. Went to the social security office, they gave me a paper indicating that im on file and that my s.s. card is in the mail. Takes 2 weeks!!wtf? Does anyone know if H.R. will accept the stamped paper?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM

49 posts, read 82,771 times
Default Got it today !

Pre-employment package awaits my arrival at home !

Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 PM

231 posts, read 465,323 times
Quote:
get hired from this list,(mid #5,000's) it's good to know for the next time around.

Was last winter a record in terms of OT $$ for you? They no longer pay a lump sum after night plow is over right? You get your OT in the following weeks pay.
you get paid per storm. i have no idea what their system is for paying snow money. I just know we get it the same time as supervisors and they get paid every 2 weeks, so we know we dont get snow money in back to back checks.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 PM

184 posts, read 338,145 times
Quote:

record for me since I am fairly new.....you get snow money every 2 pay checks or so.....my advice is when they give you your chart calendar for the year you write down everyday how many hours you logged and if you were on a truck whether it was a half or full truck/if you dumped/who your partner was and whether you are owed night dif this way you keep track of your money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City