Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 03:03 AM

184 posts, read 338,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
What exams did you take where not one single person was hired over
the 4 yr duration of the list? Yes, I agree about DCAS being in shambles.
The Mayor hand picks the DCAS commish so that person in essence becomes a rubber stamp for mayoral policy.

DCAS dis functional organizational chart:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...ganization.pdf

Fire...PD....Corrections all with list numbers under 500 and all taken from the mid 90s to early 2000/01

Old 08-16-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
Hey guys have a quick question early augest i was having muscle spasums in my right shoulder so my docter prescribed me with 5mg of cyclobenzaprine (sorta like a really low grade pain killer) he only gave me like 10 pills and the final result was my shoulder is 100% .. ok now last time i took the last pill was augest 9th i have preorination on augest 24th ... i think the drug test will be fine but should i tell them the dates and bring in the priscription i dont want to fail either the blood or urine test...but then a friend on the job was telling me its problay better to not say anything cause the second you say anything they get jumpy and start asking a million questions.Should i tell them about shoulder and the light medication..? if i have a prescription i cant imagine they would disqualify me... looking for advice thanks guys....

You took a muscle relaxer....you should be fine cause it takes about a week to leave the system.....I highly doubt they are tested for since they are non narcotic

Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 AM

116 posts, read 240,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
I think this will be the last hiring off this list. Even if they give a new test it doesn't mean they will hire and the way things are going in this job I would not pass up the opportunity unless your current job is stable/pays well/ and you like what you do
I don't agree with this. If they weren't going to hire after 2011, they would have not extended the list. They would have made more money charging people to re apply with a whole new test. The fact that they extended the list seems to be a clear indication they hope to keep hiring from it, otherwise what would be the purpose of extending it?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 AM

253 posts, read 540,140 times
Hey... wanted to ask somone who got on in DEcember... My list number is very very low 700's.... I have been with my job for four years... I dont have any hard feeling about them, Im leaving strictly because I fell sanitation is better in the long term... I really want to give 2 weeks notice... If final processing is on the 2nd of september is first day on the 12th.. thats only one week.... Does anyone have any info on appointment... Say if we get a letter for final processing at the end of august to go on the 2nd... Does that mean we will be appointed on the 12th of sept. or could we go in on oct... The reason Im asking is I might give notice once I recieve the letter to go down for final processing... (I also get paid out on two months sick time if I give at least two weeks).....

Last edited by 7xxSanitList; 08-16-2011 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: oops

Old 08-16-2011, 07:54 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
I don't agree with this. If they weren't going to hire after 2011, they would have not extended the list. They would have made more money charging people to re apply with a whole new test. The fact that they extended the list seems to be a clear indication they hope to keep hiring from it, otherwise what would be the purpose of extending it?
That is what I said also, maybe he wants to make his charts I don't know.
You would figure he would want more hiring so he can move up in seniority.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM

58 posts, read 100,389 times
Even if 5% of the force has over 20 years thats still 300 guys that need to be replaced

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM

253 posts, read 540,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball6063 View Post
Even if 5% of the force has over 20 years thats still 300 guys that need to be replaced
Dont forget about the guys that get promoted, fired, quit, disabled.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 AM

208 posts, read 438,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Hey... wanted to ask somone who got on in DEcember... My list number is very very low 700's.... I have been with my job for four years... I dont have any hard feeling about them, Im leaving strictly because I fell sanitation is better in the long term... I really want to give 2 weeks notice... If final processing is on the 2nd of september is first day on the 12th.. thats only one week.... Does anyone have any info on appointment... Say if we get a letter for final processing at the end of august to go on the 2nd... Does that mean we will be appointed on the 12th of sept. or could we go in on oct... The reason Im asking is I might give notice once I recieve the letter to go down for final processing... (I also get paid out on two months sick time if I give at least two weeks).....
If u get called for final and all your ducks r in a row then ur in

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM

146 posts, read 280,671 times
anybody hear of ppl failing the medical stage and if so what for...im just curious to see what ppl get disqualified for..i would assume mostly for drugs

Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post

I already explained my reasoning in a previous post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City