Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM

146 posts, read 280,589 times

Advertisements

i dont think thats true...your not counting in all the ppl who fail medical for drugs either and alot of ppl dont take the job anyway...these classes will hit higher numbers thats why there callin into the 1700's so anyone below 1600 i would think has a shot at getting into one of there classes coming up but thats my opinion and hopefully im right about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDACURA71 View Post
People add it up so far about 15 orientations that I can count at about 50 per class. That's 750 people give and take minus 5 not showing per orientation that's 75-100 no shows and maybe another 20 no CDL or fail road test that's a total of about 100 let's make it an even number so that's still 650 candidates so dont be surprise if you come short. It took me long enough and felt short about 22 the last round. So keep your hopes up but also be prepare to be disappointed..I'm on the 09/12 class and still feel I'm still behind until I get to FBF and 6 months I won't be at ease.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM

84 posts, read 202,169 times
Truck dangles from third floor in NYC

Truck dangles from third floor in NYC - Local News - New York, NY - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44175122/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/?GT1=43001 - broken link)

Old 08-19-2011, 03:50 PM

243 posts, read 681,797 times
Is there anyone else out there that has been medically pending for more than a week ?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 PM

13 posts, read 21,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
Is there anyone else out there that has been medically pending for more than a week ?
Nomad, I believe from your previous posts that you took your medical same day as me, last Thursday. I called today and they said to call Monday. Lol another 3 days...

Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 PM

124 posts, read 214,879 times
If I'm in after 6 months Im not worry about 18 month probation. As long as I get through the investigation that's the only I would be concern. Everything esle is up hill for me. I've been in the military and did more aggressive and hazardous work during war time....

Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 PM

231 posts, read 466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDACURA71 View Post
If I'm in after 6 months Im not worry about 18 month probation. As long as I get through the investigation that's the only I would be concern. Everything esle is up hill for me. I've been in the military and did more aggressive and hazardous work during war time....
They investigate for the first 3 years. But after 18months you have the union to defend you. The work can be hard, its the hours that are the hardest. Its very easy to oversleep or leave a few minutes late and then get stuck in traffic. Depending how strict the borough/garage you are in, that could lead to a complaint and getting extended. If you get a complaint during the first 18months, your gonna get extended. After 18 months, if you oversleep and/or show up late for reasons beyond your control and the foreman marks you late and you get a complaint, its no big deal. You might get disciplined, but your off probation and you wont get extended

Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 PM

21 posts, read 38,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobesanman37 View Post
i dont think thats true...your not counting in all the ppl who fail medical for drugs either and alot of ppl dont take the job anyway...these classes will hit higher numbers thats why there callin into the 1700's so anyone below 1600 i would think has a shot at getting into one of there classes coming up but thats my opinion and hopefully im right about it
Figure they got to list # 642 for the 1st 300 hires so they will probably get to around 1300 for they next 300 hires... maybe into the 1400's if we are lucky

Old 08-20-2011, 03:29 AM

86 posts, read 145,059 times
Guys. I can't stress this enough. Don't write anything on here you wouldnt want the commisioner to read. People read these threads. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 AM

87 posts, read 227,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
Guys. I can't stress this enough. Don't write anything on here you wouldnt want the commisioner to read. People read these threads. Good luck.
100% true...found plenty of twitter discussions from anti union bloggers and what not talking about the job and they were repeating what was said in these threads, especially during the winter.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:34 AM

39 posts, read 65,788 times
Got my medical done last week. If your at that phase of the hiring process, good luck..prepare to get your balls fondled. It was much more thorough than i thought. Maybe it was just my doc (Asian woman) And the Eye test is hard as hell. Thought I failed...was ready to cry during the test. Passed never the less. Its a long drawn out process 5-6 hours of waiting and testing. Then in the next few days you have to go get blood work, hearing test and xrays all in different places.

One thing good about the first day of medicals is the doctors who work on beaver st. Best looking docs ive seen. They wear high heels and skirts. Thank god i got the older asian..had the sexy arab doc or the tall black chick been messing with my genitals...woulda had a hard on lol may have tapped the back of there heads and gave a little wink they dont call it beaver street for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City