Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 06:10 AM

184 posts, read 338,827 times

Advertisements

anyone got those numbers to HR? Going to call today to see if my medical results are in

Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 AM

9 posts, read 19,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullprick View Post
unfortunately these doctor are not going to be responsible for anything that could hurt the worker or injure the public he would have to apeal and that is money and time and almost always for physical things like that impossible to overturn especially back issues when the job is all about that sorry fgood luck
But when my son took the medical 10 months ago everything was fine,this time they waited about a week after the x-ray was taken to tell him about this.My son passed the arms medical ,the police medical, and 10 months ago passed the sanitation medical..Its just not fair, my son never had anything wrong with his back.....I dont know why this doctor is given him a hard time..I am a retired super and I never heard of this.. i thought the only thing you have to wait for is the blood and urine tests to come back, everything else they tell you on the spot....something is just not right????

Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
passed my medical... now i just got to wait... and hope
Did they tell you you passed the back x-ray the same day you took the test?? Is it true you only had to wait for the blood and urine test to come back,,everything else they told you on the spot...is that correct..

Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 AM

i've taken this medical a few times and i don't remember ever being told on the spot that the x rays were good but i could be mistaken....i am sorry to hear about your son but i would def appeal if your son has health insurance because he has nothing to lose

Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 30,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
anyone got those numbers to HR? Going to call today to see if my medical results are in
When I went to take my X-ray, I asked the lady was everything ok she told me she doesnt do diagnosis she is just the technician. I'm sure she could see if anything was wrong she just didnt want to be held accountable for telling me anything. When I did my medical the told me right then if I passed the vision, ekg. (I asked). I didn't do the hearing test because I was told it was good for 4 years. I'm guessing I'm waiting on the bloodwork and urine because that takes time and the X-rays.

Hr# is 646-885-0900

Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 AM

58 posts, read 106,362 times
When and how did you find out you passed the medical ???? What number ds you call????

Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 PM

146 posts, read 259,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjoe View Post
But when my son took the medical 10 months ago everything was fine,this time they waited about a week after the x-ray was taken to tell him about this.My son passed the arms medical ,the police medical, and 10 months ago passed the sanitation medical..Its just not fair, my son never had anything wrong with his back.....I dont know why this doctor is given him a hard time..I am a retired super and I never heard of this.. i thought the only thing you have to wait for is the blood and urine tests to come back, everything else they tell you on the spot....something is just not right????
yeah i hear you but the only thing to do now is get a doctor and lawyer and appeal either way its gonna cost money and time you know things with the city aint fair sometimes and now the red tape to get an appeal is long and hard good luck

Old 11-10-2010, 12:36 PM

i called HR this morning think it was 646 885-0900....keep in mind I was the first class to go and they had some of my stuff on file from my last time....but its worth a shot i guess

Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullprick View Post
yeah i hear you but the only thing to do now is get a doctor and lawyer and appeal either way its gonna cost money and time you know things with the city aint fair sometimes and now the red tape to get an appeal is long and hard good luck
I know,,but when my son went back to medical yesterday, they sent him to take another x-ray at the same place he took it last time. When i spoke to the medical dept. today they told me that was impossible.. The doctor at the site was telling the girls not to talk to my son, after the x-rays were done....He did not have to pay for the x-rays that they took. BUT now the medical department is telling me they knew nothing about it, and that he went on his own??? BUT MY QUESTION IS "WHO PAID FOR IT??????

Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Something is just now right...i think the attorney general office should be contacted on this matter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City