Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 PM

45 posts, read 111,438 times

Advertisements

the deadline for fall2010 semester was on feb1 . not knowing this i applied on march 16 and was late sending in all my transcripts and other information. my question is do you think i have a chance of being able to start in the fall or should i wait another year and move my application to the spring2011 semester?

or should i just leave my fall application as is and see if i get accepted and then if not apply on time for the spring semester? is that possible?

btw im 19 and a highschool graduate so i don't have access to any school college counselor help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 11:59 PM

id really appreciate some advice

Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,984,640 times
No chance, CUNY is really slow at processing their applications.. it's HIGHLY unlikely that you'll get in for Fall if you missed the deadline. It seems a little ridiculous when you think about it, since you still have so much time until it starts, but they probably won't get to yours.

However, just wait to see if you get accepted anyway, because there's still a slim chance that they will get to you.. you can defer your application to the Spring semester, but it's not worth doing until about a week before the Spring deadline. They process everything at the same time anyway, so it doesn't really matter if you send it in extra early or not.

But, don't take my word for it, talk to them about it.. there's an email on the CUNY Portal site to contact about application questions. This happened to me so I'm explaining my experience, but it's possible that you'll have a different one.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,924 times
You can start in January. I did.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 PM

756 posts, read 2,279,278 times
No, most universities will not look at applications received after the deadline. Why should they? It's your responsibility to be aware of the deadlines.

However, had your application been submitted by Feb. 1, they are typically lenient with receiving supplemental materials.

At this late in the game, most schools are already sending out acceptance letters.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
No chance, CUNY is really slow at processing their applications.. it's HIGHLY unlikely that you'll get in for Fall if you missed the deadline. It seems a little ridiculous when you think about it, since you still have so much time until it starts, but they probably won't get to yours.

However, just wait to see if you get accepted anyway, because there's still a slim chance that they will get to you.. you can defer your application to the Spring semester, but it's not worth doing until about a week before the Spring deadline. They process everything at the same time anyway, so it doesn't really matter if you send it in extra early or not.

But, don't take my word for it, talk to them about it.. there's an email on the CUNY Portal site to contact about application questions. This happened to me so I'm explaining my experience, but it's possible that you'll have a different one.

thank you so much for ur advice ill contact CUNY and ill just leave it and see what happens and if not ill apply for spring. thank you

Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
You can start in January. I did.

howd u start in january?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loratliff View Post
No, most universities will not look at applications received after the deadline. Why should they? It's your responsibility to be aware of the deadlines.

However, had your application been submitted by Feb. 1, they are typically lenient with receiving supplemental materials.

At this late in the game, most schools are already sending out acceptance letters.

yea im doing this all on my own n wasnt aware of the deadline thanks

Old 03-21-2010, 03:18 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdreamer14 View Post
howd u start in january?
When I applied, in 1997, they had a date for app for January admission. I don't know if they have that anymore, but you should definately ask about it.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
When I applied, in 1997, they had a date for app for January admission. I don't know if they have that anymore, but you should definately ask about it.

o ok thank you so much i will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City