Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:35 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychatenant
Manhattan's ultra expensive Upper East Side is plagued by rapes, murders and burglaries.

Are you confusing it with the Upper East Side of Flint, Michigan?

The UES is the safest part of NEW YORK CITY...bar none. It may be a bit on the DULL side but dull and safe usually go hand in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 20,448 times
oops looks like my upper east side reader feels insulted. Yes I do know many people on the upper east side too, but don't listen to me, read and watch the news. Take your head out of the sand. I don't think the ues is dull at all. According to Police Reports for Crime it is very lively. It seems every criminal in New York commute from other parts of the city to prey on the UES. Very logical move. Rob, kill and take the express home.
Right across the street and the surrounding area of Alfred E Smith houses are multi million dollar condominiums with fantastic views of New York, so while the Middle Class live on the Upper East Side, the Ultra Rich live in my neighborhood. They are great neighbors too. So sorry Kefer King you can't afford to live here. Have a nice day.

Last edited by nychatenant; 10-26-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 04:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychatenant View Post
oops looks like my upper east side reader feels insulted. Yes I do know many people on the upper east side too, but don't listen to me, read and watch the news. Take your head out of the sand. I don't think the ues is dull at all. According to Police Reports for Crime it is very lively. It seems every criminal in New York commute from other parts of the city to prey on the UES. Very logical move. Rob, kill and take the express home.
Right across the street and the surrounding area of Alfred E Smith houses are multi million dollar condominiums with fantastic views of New York, so while the Middle Class live on the Upper East Side, the Ultra Rich live in my neighborhood. They are great neighbors too. So sorry Kefer King you can't afford to live here. Have a nice day.
Wow, all this time I thought the infamous hoods like ENY, Bville, South Bronx were the ones to look out for. Who knew the UES get it in like that?! Please tell us more...

Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Take it from a five generation New Yorker. Most former bad neighborhoods are experiencing gentrification so rapidly. I remember Williamsburg, Park Slope, Greenpoint, Brooklyn as crime ridden neighborhoods. Now they are sought after and beautiful places to live. I know I sounded catty to Kefer King, but which cat clawed first. Don't make blind statements Kefer King, research statistics.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,198 times
Quote:
Take it from a five generation New Yorker. Most former bad neighborhoods are experiencing gentrification so rapidly. I remember Williamsburg, Park Slope, Greenpoint, Brooklyn as crime ridden neighborhoods. Now they are sought after and beautiful places to live. I know I sounded catty to Kefer King, but which cat clawed first. Don't make blind statements Kefer King, research statistics.
So would you honestly compare UES to infamous places such as Brownsville, South Bronx, ENY etc.?

Old 10-28-2011, 02:10 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
The UES hasn’t gentrified: It’s always been a good area.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
the Ultra Rich live in my neighborhood.
I guess you have never seen Fifth Avenue. But then I guess you'd carry a machte to fight off the Whartons and the Whitneys if they attack..

I don't NEED statistics about the UES, nor do I need to talk to people who live here because I LIVE here and I'm observant and so I KNOW what I'm talking about. Tell your friends who "live here" to look at the street sign again...perhaps they are somewhere in Harlem by mistake?

The UES is the safest neighborhood in New York City and anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell real estate in some area claimed to be "gentrifying."

Old 12-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Kefer King, You wrote:
(I guess you have never seen Fifth Avenue. But then I guess you'd carry a machete to fight off the Whartons and the Whitneys if they attack.)

You imply that I as a mature Jewish Woman carry Machetes because I live in Public Housing. So all White people who don't live in your neighborhood are Criminals.
I researched your City Data name. Kefer is found in the Islamic Dictionary. Does your name imply that you are an Islamic Moslem King?

Do the Whartons and the Whitneys know you? Do you feel fortunate to share the same Sanitation Truck pickup and walk on the same asphalt as they do? Are you one of their Servants or employees?
The people I do know who live on the upper east side are in fact wealthy. There are Wonderful people on the Upper East Side who join together as New Yorkers in times of Crisis with other New Yorkers. There are Generations of New Yorkers like myself who criticize and praise our City. A real New Yorker knows this.

Your remarks only reveal where you come from and what a sad wannabe person you are.

Last edited by nychatenant; 12-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: added more comment

Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM

You do not sound as if are taking your full prescribed dosage of meds.

I LIVE on the Upper East Side and I feel perfectly safe walking several blocks to the Subway on a Sunday morning at 2 AM. Whether your friends told you otherwise or whether you are making it all up is immaterial. The area is the SAFEST part of New York City and has BEEN thus for several decades, perhaps even half a century.

On the Upper East Side we don't walk on asphalt...we have concrete sidewalks. Do YOU have asphalt sidewalks where you live?

No wannabe about me. I have BEEN and I continue to be exactly what I am. I seek nothing more than I have nor do I have any pretense to have what I have not.

When I read moronic statements like the UES is a dangerous neighborhood, I call the moron on her stupidity. I must say, the statement is the most boggling I have read on this board, and there have been some DOOZIES.

I have nothing against NYCHA tenants and applaud their ability to get an apartment at all time bargain rents. Perhaps, I more than anyone on these boards want housing for the poor PRESERVED and even expanded.

But common sense is STILL common sense. Railing about the most peaceful and desirable, albeit dull neighborhood of all of NYC as "plagued by rapes, murders and burglaries" is just completely and totally NUTS!

Last edited by Kefir King; 12-22-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM

To Kefer King:

The only Moronic statements came out of your mouth wannabe Islamic King. My Thanks to the many people who supported my comments with feedback. You guys are real New Yorkers.
Also might I add that Criminals choose those that appear economically affluent. It's apparent that you do not look like a Whitney or Wharton.

Last edited by nychatenant; 12-22-2011 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: added more comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City