Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,083 times

Advertisements

Where can I sell my gold jewelry in New York? I want to get best deals. Any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,051 times
It's easy today to sell your gold and silver items - with so many places now willing to buy them. But please BEWARE WHERE you choose to do so. In my research, most of the local guys (jewelers and pawn shops) pay less than the online companies.....but so many of those guys are scammers and have sneaky little fine print (their terms and conditions) - so you end up getting taken.
Do your homework -research the company you'll be selling to - be sure they have a good BBB rating, pay you the most, and pay for shipping (to and from if necessary). Avoid any company that doesn't post their prices online (what are they hiding?) and beware of companies who simply send you a check (that then arrives too late for you to reject the offer and get your things back.) I found the Silver And Gold Exchange and found they met all of the criteria. Great company.
[url]http://SilverAndGoldExchange.com[/url]

Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,632,313 times
Obviously, everyone wants to get the best deal, but chances are it won't be want you hope, unless you have valuable antiques. It's usually based only on the weight of the gold.

You could cruise the jewelry district on West 47th and shop around. You could also try calling Empire, which has been around for a long time.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,935,673 times
biggest thiefs are on W.47 st and China town...try get a personal recommendations and AVOID these ares since they are sneaks and are known for over pricing jewels and not giving you valued goods and such is the same if you bring your goods to them they will under value where you could have done a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: