Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 12:06 AM

600 posts, read 2,090,592 times

Advertisements

I've seen so many guys wearing this hat lately! I hope it's fashion and not a gang...

Any knowledge?

Thanks in advance....
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 03:02 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
I've seen so many guys wearing this hat lately! I hope it's fashion and not a gang...

Any knowledge?

Thanks in advance....
One would be embarrassed to wear a Pirates cap anywhere out in public. I could understand wearing a Steelers hat since they are way more popular, most definitely has to be a fashion statement.

Are the ones you see the vintage 80's caps that were black with yellow stripes on them with a yellow P on the front?

Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
I've seen so many guys wearing this hat lately! I hope it's fashion and not a gang..
A quick search reveals that Black/Gold are the colors of the Latin Kings so who knows...

I couldn't see anyone wearing a Pirates hat for fashion!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:52 AM

34,041 posts, read 47,252,748 times
a lot of LK's wear the pirates hat for the colors...but the hat itself is popular because of the colors itself, not necessarily gang related. personally im one of those people who although i am a yankees fan, i find it cheesy to go buy a yankees hat in every color, so thats the reason why i own a pirates hat.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,937,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
One would be embarrassed to wear a Pirates cap anywhere out in public. I could understand wearing a Steelers hat since they are way more popular, most definitely has to be a fashion statement.

Are the ones you see the vintage 80's caps that were black with yellow stripes on them with a yellow P on the front?

i lived in Pittsburgh and this is SO ON THE MONEY! Peps are going to be boycotting the team in pitt they already have signs up in Southside that read..shytsburugh Pirates

Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,351 times
A lot of Latin Kings do wear Pirates hats, but I'm sure a lot of people also wear them because it matches with their outfit... then there might be a few fans somewhere in there, lol.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 PM

4,414 posts, read 5,147,018 times
When I was in Coney Island 3 years ago I saw a bunch of teenage white guys wearing Pirates gear. There where like 10 of them. At first I thought they might be from out of town, but now maybe not. They almost looked like they where part of some sort of sports team who where visiting NYC for whatever reason.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
I was just in NYC and noticed this too. But I also noted that more people OUTSIDE of NYC wear the Yankees caps than New Yorkers. At least in Pennsylvania, anyway. Just people wanting to pass themselves off as New Yorkers. They try to look more like New Yorkers than what real New Yorkers look like. Lame posers.
Didn't see ANY Red Sox caps, though, LOL.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:07 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was just in NYC and noticed this too. But I also noted that more people OUTSIDE of NYC wear the Yankees caps than New Yorkers. At least in Pennsylvania, anyway. Just people wanting to pass themselves off as New Yorkers. They try to look more like New Yorkers than what real New Yorkers look like. Lame posers.
Didn't see ANY Red Sox caps, though, LOL.
Yankees aren't a New York team, they're a team of the country. You'll find plenty of Yankees cap wearers in any other city in the country... not so much in Boston, lol. The Yankees hat is also considered a 'symbol of the hood' so you'll also find that a lot of those types will be wearing a Yankee fitted as well.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,229,034 times
It is cool looking hat maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City