U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 AM

11 posts, read 114,608 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Chicago too New York. I have a job at Wall Street. Figured in last couple of days that finding an affordable place to live close to Wall Street could be quite a challenge.

Here is what we are looking for.

•Total commute time 30-40 minutes
•We prefer new constructions (with good appliances and lot of windows and sun shine)
•Minimum 800 sq feet area.
•2500 rent + amenities + parking(parking is optional if we are keeping the car)
•Don’t have any particular preference of an apartment or a town house
•Love to keep my car. I will let it go if it’s a must.
•Very safe neighborhood.

Please make your suggestions. What are the tax implications of working in NYC and living in New Jersey? Please recommend any websites. Write the websites like mydomain dot com or else mods will block them.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh one more thing, make a list of things that you want from Chicago. We want to make some new friends.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM

11 posts, read 114,608 times
Any ideas ..

Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,832,553 times
I lived in these owners buildings in the past and they are top top notch. On the upper east side, and one in Columbus Circle. I commuted to Wall St. in 35-45 minutes on a normal day. The constantly renovate. The Upper East buildings are in for NYC very safe areas and near Central Park etc. Nice to get away from the downtown madness and its nice and quiet of course relatively for NYC. Lots of parking garages and probably a better chance of street parking, but thats part-time job in its self. Jersey I think you pay that extra "commuter tax"

parktowerssouth - dot - com

Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,748,312 times
I havent found anything in your requirements with that price range...I did an extensive 6 month search for a family member, who ended up on the upper east side, NO car, 2500 for rent..."newer" apartment..no amenities, such as doorman...and salary is over 150k and single.

Perhaps Battery Park would be up your alley, we had friends that lived in a two bedroom..year years ago..but I did see strollers, so you could def walk around and there apartment was newer as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City