Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 8,439 times

Advertisements

Preferably really good but not too expensive. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I would try the Hat and Cap Emporium on Broadway (Herald Square) or a small hat shop on the LES on Orchard between Rivington and Delancey, called World Hats.

Western Spirit in TriBeCa (Broadway & Walker) would have what you're seeking, but the prices are going to be on the higher side.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times
Lids.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
Are you looking for a Stetson or just any generic cowboy hat?

Western Spirit is kind of a cool store for the Tribeca Texans. It's worth checking out for the sheer novelty. You probably won't find any stellar deals there though. I suggest you ask a subway mariachi band where they got theirs. I'm sure there may be a few Tex-Mex stores out in Corona or another hispanic neighborhood. I wish I had specific info.

Donde esta los sombreros de vaquero?

Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 AM

Please ignore my previous post.. I misread the title.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Please ignore my previous post.. I misread the title.
Actually, you are correct. Lids does have Western hats, but they are more to the straw variety. If that will work for the OP, the prices are probably decent. There's a Lids on Broadway near the Hat Emporium, too, at Herald Square.

City-Data FAQs

Old 05-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Actually, you are correct. Lids does have Western hats, but they are more to the straw variety. If that will work for the OP, the prices are probably decent. There's a Lids on Broadway near the Hat Emporium, too, at Herald Square.
Oh, well... I was actually thinking of Cowboys hats like the football team when I read the post, lol.. I only looked again to see that he wanted an actual Cowboy hat!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Oh, well... I was actually thinking of Cowboys hats like the football team when I read the post, lol.. I only looked again to see that he wanted an actual Cowboy hat!
LOL...yes, but you were still right on the money, if they can use a straw version.

City-Data FAQs

Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM

559 posts, read 1,111,263 times
Does the Naked Cowboy sell cowboy hats? Is the Naked Cowboy still in business?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
The only time that stores in the city sell cowboy hats mostly around halloween time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City