Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Wow,ENY is larger than The Bronx? I had no idea !
Lol, I didn't mean the entire Bronx, just the sections that people like to pick on.. our good friend SuperMario posted a long time ago.. a comparison if the precincts covered equal areas, I believe using University Heights and some of the surrounding neighborhoods and it turned out that those parts of the Bronx would outrank ENY if they weren't divided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Its funny how some people say the J line is the safest train line in East NY but in other threads in reference to hipsters and yuppies moving to Bushwick it is considered one of the train lines to stay away from... perspective. To answer you're question there is no genuine safe part in East NY. Having lived there, my family lived there, and having friends that still live there that I visit in all different parts of ENY it is pretty much all bad. I remember exaggerating in one thread saying how they'll be people on these threads that'll hype up an ENY or Brownsville just like a Bushwick to make it "appear" attractive; had no intentions of it being a true statement, but wow the lengths some people will go to stretch the truth is amazing. Unless you want to be on the news for the wrong reasons, ENY is not a good place, no part is good. Cypress Hills is a different part of Brooklyn by the way. Not trying to sound harsh or mean, just trying to be a realist.

The areas to avoid in Brooklyn, knowing them well

East NY/Brownsville
Flatbush
Bedstuy
Bushwick (crime is going up because locals are fed up with the yuppies moving in)
Sheepshead Bay

There are others but for the most part, these are the most notorious. I dont care what anyone tries to sell you, or what happens on a random day walking on a street where you get lucky and nothing happens, none of these areas are safe.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:50 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Its funny how some people say the J line is the safest train line in East NY but in other threads in reference to hipsters and yuppies moving to Bushwick it is considered one of the train lines to stay away from... perspective. To answer you're question there is no genuine safe part in East NY. Having lived there, my family lived there, and having friends that still live there that I visit in all different parts of ENY it is pretty much all bad. I remember exaggerating in one thread saying how they'll be people on these threads that'll hype up an ENY or Brownsville just like a Bushwick to make it "appear" attractive; had no intentions of it being a true statement, but wow the lengths some people will go to stretch the truth is amazing. Unless you want to be on the news for the wrong reasons, ENY is not a good place, no part is good. Cypress Hills is a different part of Brooklyn by the way. Not trying to sound harsh or mean, just trying to be a realist.

The areas to avoid in Brooklyn, knowing them well

East NY/Brownsville
Flatbush
Bedstuy
Bushwick (crime is going up because locals are fed up with the yuppies moving in)
Sheepshead Bay

There are others but for the most part, these are the most notorious. I dont care what anyone tries to sell you, or what happens on a random day walking on a street where you get lucky and nothing happens, none of these areas are safe.
sheepshead bay? really?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 PM

155 posts, read 445,641 times
Yeah, can you explain how Sheepshead Bay is notorious? I've only been there a few times, but felt very safe.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
brighton beach is less safer then sheepshead bay , are you speaking about the the 2 public housing located in sheepshead bay?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
To all those on this thread I apologize sheepshead bay was a mistake. My point being with the others is that you have people in here selling three of those areas as safe places to live or up and coming spots. It was just hilarious to me, that some of those on this thread said that there were nice parts in East NY.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
To all those on this thread I apologize sheepshead bay was a mistake. My point being with the others is that you have people in here selling three of those areas as safe places to live or up and coming spots. It was just hilarious to me, that some of those on this thread said that there were nice parts in East NY.
I don't think anyone said there's nice parts... not so horrible parts are much different.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Location: East NY , Boulevardd / Cypress / Pink Houses / Linden .
27 posts, read 55,415 times
LoL wow smhh!!! at the ppl who thinkk eny is safe... east ny is ndd will always b nyc murder capital next ta brownsville ndd everybody sayin dat da only reason east ny is da murder capital is becausee our precient is bigger is dumb eny is made up ov 5 sections STARRETT CITY prolly da safest place n bklyn , HIGHLAND PARK , CYPRESS HILLS , CITY LINE & NEW LOTS. 99.99 ov crime n da east happens n da CITY LINE or NEW LOTS AREAAA (1% spillova) ndd alot ov east ny is industrial eny industrial park , da bus nd food companys da empty fields next ta gateway mall all dat jus add space ndd take our crime rates down buh block by block its still da killing fields buh alongside Linden Boulevard were all da projects are including maybe da most dangerous pjs n NYC *Pink houses , Cypress , Boulevard , Linden etc.* most ov da projects are within 3blocks ov each otha if dey was as dense as brownsville or east harlem east ny prolly b da most dangerous neighborhood in da u.s cause all dese projects have beef n being dey rite rite next to each otha only adds ta da violence so even if east ny had a smaller precient da new lots city line areaa wud b off da charts... ndd a word ta da ***** dat made dis post im frm east new york born ndd raised i wenta skool ova der East New York Family Academy 2 blocks dwn frm van siclen by da 3train dat area is a red zone which meens waves ndd waves ov police guna there undacover n plainclothes its 2010 naa 1993 da worst dat a happen is dey beat ya ass n rob u naa shot u walk towards ta pjs u wana see gun violence ndd wen u leave ya job try carpool or sum jus wait dwnstairs till da train come den run ta da frnt ov da train *****z na thinkin bout u y kill u have da cops bring dat bigg ass mobile headquarters back ndd lose out on da money dey was makin cause all dese weed dealers is broke so jus carry a knife or sum...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
That was a tough post to read..I only got through the 3rd sentence and gave up. I really hope that isn't how he/she normally writes or speaks. It's safe to say however that ENY has problems, and is one of the few precincts in NYC that is bucking the trends and having a substantial increase in crime...and although it is still very early, it is not a good sign.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:25 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enybklyn View Post
LoL wow smhh!!! at the ppl who thinkk eny is safe... east ny is ndd will always b nyc murder capital next ta brownsville ndd everybody sayin dat da only reason east ny is da murder capital is becausee our precient is bigger is dumb eny is made up ov 5 sections STARRETT CITY prolly da safest place n bklyn , HIGHLAND PARK , CYPRESS HILLS , CITY LINE & NEW LOTS. 99.99 ov crime n da east happens n da CITY LINE or NEW LOTS AREAAA (1% spillova) ndd alot ov east ny is industrial eny industrial park , da bus nd food companys da empty fields next ta gateway mall all dat jus add space ndd take our crime rates down buh block by block its still da killing fields buh alongside Linden Boulevard were all da projects are including maybe da most dangerous pjs n NYC *Pink houses , Cypress , Boulevard , Linden etc.* most ov da projects are within 3blocks ov each otha if dey was as dense as brownsville or east harlem east ny prolly b da most dangerous neighborhood in da u.s cause all dese projects have beef n being dey rite rite next to each otha only adds ta da violence so even if east ny had a smaller precient da new lots city line areaa wud b off da charts... ndd a word ta da ***** dat made dis post im frm east new york born ndd raised i wenta skool ova der East New York Family Academy 2 blocks dwn frm van siclen by da 3train dat area is a red zone which meens waves ndd waves ov police guna there undacover n plainclothes its 2010 naa 1993 da worst dat a happen is dey beat ya ass n rob u naa shot u walk towards ta pjs u wana see gun violence ndd wen u leave ya job try carpool or sum jus wait dwnstairs till da train come den run ta da frnt ov da train *****z na thinkin bout u y kill u have da cops bring dat bigg ass mobile headquarters back ndd lose out on da money dey was makin cause all dese weed dealers is broke so jus carry a knife or sum...
Should I worry if I actually understand about 70% of this post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City