Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noladarling View Post
OMG, some of you are terrible!
You're absolutely right.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
The 4% good apples on section 8 are the elderly people on a fixed income. They keep to themselves and don't bother anyone.

The undesirable section 8 people are the ones that come from the street. They indeed make up the MAJORITY of the section 8 tenant stock, not grandma thats on a fixed income and bothers no one.

I don't see grandma chillin' in the corner BUT I do see Leroy who's on section 8 chillin' in the corner with his boyz. Those are the ones we need to get rid of in NY, NOT little old grandma.
There you go again,Victor with your hyperbolic percentages.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
7th...I agree that you need the lower class to fill those jobs..but you are confusing the lower class with poor people. What do I mean? Well we need people to work for $7 an hours, and as a result we need them to live in NYC and they need help. AGREED. However, we have ALOT of poor people that do nothing because they have so much support that they don't need to bother...and therein lies the problem.

I am all for getting rid of the dead weight that the politicians cater to for votes (and ultimately enact legislation that hurts our communities), but we need to keep the working lower class...there is a big difference. If you are poor, that's fine, but you should work...if you can push up broom you should be doing so as our streets are always dirty. If you have the ability to walk you can be a crossing guard for kids. If you can answer a phone you can make/take calls for a business/the city. If you can only sit, you can be at the front desk of the building you live at as security/deterrent. See what I am getting at here?

So yes we need Section 8 for the lower working class, but we don't need section 8 for people who can work but choose not to.
my sentiments exactly gwac dont get me wrong. i am just against doing away with the system completely, as there some people who have a legitimate need for these types of services. let it go to them and i am happy.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM

461 posts, read 2,000,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There you go again,Victor with your hyperbolic percentages.

So what would you say is the correct percentage then? 50-50?

Bluedog, I think since you live in Pelham and in a co-op, you are somewhat not effected by having low class ghetto section 8 tenants in your neighborhood or co-op building because your neighborhood is more afluent and nicer than these other inner city neighborhoods where their mere presence smacks you in the face once you turn the corner.

If you lived in the hood or in a neighborhood that was once decent and it currently on the decline, look around and you'll see why it's on the decline...because a lower class of people who are on section 8 or some other form of subside have become the predominate people living in the neighborhood which out number the decent people that initially made the neighborhood nice.

Last edited by victorfox; 05-25-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 07:25 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noladarling View Post
OMG, some of you are terrible!
Tell me about it...Sometimes I feel that being in this city can turn you into a monster.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
So what would you say is the correct percentage then? 50-50?

Bluedog, I think since you live in Pelham and in a co-op, you are somewhat not effected by having low class ghetto section 8 tenants in your neighborhood or co-op building because your neighborhood is more afluent and nicer than these other inner city neighborhoods where their mere presence smacks you in the face once you turn the corner.

If you lived in the hood or in a neighborhood that was once decent and it currently on the decline, look around and you'll see why it's on the decline...because a lower class of people who are on section 8 or some other form of subside have become the predominate people living in the neighborhood which out number the decent people that initially made the neighborhood nice.
and i think that since u work for a management company, agreed that u have a slight bit of bias as well? i think everybody can agree to disagree...smh....thread closed.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City