Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 PM

5 posts, read 18,803 times

Advertisements

Im relocating to endwell ny in august anyone got any info on schools housing neighborhoods crime interracial couples? pics anything and everything would be appreciated my intended area of interest in 1700 block of davis ave, endwell, hows the endwell family physicians? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 PM

961 posts, read 2,501,977 times
Although I live to the west of Endwell....I am very familiar with it. In fact, a friend of mine lives on Davis ave. I'm off to a second job shortly. You can send a messg to my inbox for messages with specific questions. I should be able to get back with answers by Fri or Sat. Where are you relocating from ?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 PM

hi there thanks im relocating to endwell from ohio i have a granduaghter that im raising shes nine...i wondered about the schools and about endwell family pyhsicians as well also im in a an interracial relationship, how well will that go over in that area? i noticed most of stats for that area are mostly caucasian..im spanish and my fiance is african american...we personally dont have a problem with prejudices but ive heard some folks in that area may..lol sad if that be the case...do you like it there and do you think 1700 block of davis ave is a good area? i defo dont want a bad neighborhood...we are both in our fifties and very quiet people..whatever you can tell me would be helpful..any chance of area pics? weather? good shopping restuarants or would i have to go into binghamton?
thanks carol

Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 PM

...I'm off to my 3rd job....so,will try to give you some info later this weekend. By the way, if this is any indicator...I live west of there between some farms,...there's a black family and a mixed family who live in this rural area. They are good neighbors and keep their place's lookin' good...in short...people could care less what color they are. I think keeping a home/yard "up to snuff" matters most to your future neighbors. Will post again Sat?.....

Old 06-23-2007, 04:09 AM

my goodness...three jobs??? lol when do u sleep! thanks for that info i feel exactly the same and we are christians too and a bit older and very nice people...thanks for your input, look forward to chatting with you again soon, as previously stated any input on the elememtary school, shopping and restuarants would be great, have been to bingo a few times, ok to visit but not interested in living there, still love the area, lived in albany ny for ten years, relocated to ohio now back to ny! quess thats where we supposed to be, lol ty for your info have a great day!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 AM

also i heard about a major flood last year i think it was...was davis ave part of that mess?

Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Endwell....you'll do fine..

Yes, I work 3 jobs, need-not greed. On to the facts:
1. Homes in that area-modestly priced, generally well kept.
2. Endwell schools...$$ just approved by voters for improvements, schools ranks well locally.
3. taxes..this is NYS.....not terrible...but not as cheap as many other places.
4. good/responsive local gov. and infrastructure(snow removal, garbage pickup, etc....)
5. pretty much the gamut of churches in the Binghamton area.
6. numerous local parks..especially carousels
7. all the usual shopping outlets
8. 1 community/1 4yr college in the "area"
9. crime..I should know something on this topic......as I deal with those who
"cross the line". But a lot less than many areas of the U.S. I have been to.
10. 2 local hospitals
11. Your future employer..okay, I guess,..havent heard anything bad about them
12. race. Not a high percentage of black/hispanic..but slowly increasing.
That has produced a problem in that "some" transplants from NYC/Philly who relocate here to get their kids away from "the issues"...end up bringing the issues w/them. I mean that just dropping these kids in the local area won't gurantee a change. As one black mom I've met said...some of the teens who are brought here by family are already "ruined by the street". Some of these teens have posed problems for schools and law enforcement. Let me just add a few thoughts from her(she has sinced moved to the south to help her ailing mom) She liked this area, but would only let her daughter date other black teens who grew up in the local area. Hope this info helps.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:11 PM

thank you so much i really appreciate all your help and all your info and im sure we will do fine its just a bit scarey to make a move like this unknown, but you have been a major help to me and i agree, its what you make it, thanks again for your provided answers and information, and i can understand the need not greed portion of your statement a lot to be said for someone that that goes to that extent to do what is necessary to survive, thanks again......Carol

Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 AM

You're welcome.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 PM

68 posts, read 422,537 times
All's well in Endwell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York