Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:34 PM

36 posts, read 118,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, that video shows that it has the highest out of the major metros in the state, but Broome County doesn't have the highest per capita out of the 62 counties in NY.
Not county metro area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM

93,332 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercity10 View Post
Not county metro area
I know...I'm just saying that while the metro has the highest, there isn't a county in that metro that has the highest rate. Every county in NY is not in a metro area. So, it can be a bit confusing.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I know...I'm just saying that while the metro has the highest, there isn't a county in that metro that has the highest rate. Every county in NY is not in a metro area. So, it can be a bit confusing.
Yeah, Im just referencing the more "major" areas in new york state.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercity10 View Post
Yeah, Im just referencing the more "major" areas in new york state.
Got ya', but in a way, I'm not surprised, as the areas proximity to correctional facilities and major cities could play a part in that. Interestingly, the Syracuse area was second and that could be due to those same reasons.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,834 times
Thk u guys now I'm going to keep my butt out in the country ! I was going to move to jc but not now ! My son just came back from the Bronx where he as visiting his sister whom moved there I've visited to the city people there don't seem to have the same crapy attitude some down here do we've never been bothered out there but here I've had problems isn't that weird ?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Elaine View Post
Thk u guys now I'm going to keep my butt out in the country ! I was going to move to jc but not now ! My son just came back from the Bronx where he as visiting his sister whom moved there I've visited to the city people there don't seem to have the same crapy attitude some down here do we've never been bothered out there but here I've had problems isn't that weird ?
It depends on where you are in Johnson City. North of Main Street seems to be the nicer part of the village, especially near the expressway.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
It depends on where you are in Johnson City. North of Main Street seems to be the nicer part of the village, especially near the expressway.
North of the expy is def the nice part of the village. But if you want to be even pickier stay north of Harry L.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:06 PM

60 posts, read 188,428 times
also i`ve know of many major crimes that should`ve been reported on the news but was not THE CITY OF BINGHAMTON TRIES TO HIDE THE CRIME they don`t want all the suny kids to find out and not go to school here but obvioulsy it dosen`t work since a suny kid has posted here about the crime and actually i think the cost of war sign is a good thing it was not paid for with tax money so who tf caresand he didn`t do anything be4 that either so the sign is NOT the problem

Old 10-11-2010, 02:56 PM

60 posts, read 188,428 times
Crime is getting crazier and crazier and looks like i was right about the bloods

Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM

43 posts, read 109,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoricanwhite View Post
Crime is getting crazier and crazier and looks like i was right about the bloods
Well the local news can have a BIG influence on what the crime seems like. For example, I listen to scanner frequently and WBNG has been reporting almost EVERYTHING. I hear people say boy it seems like there is a stabbing or shooting every other day now. But there always was a violent crime every other day just not always reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York