Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Why are you so angry? Sorry, but the way your post was typed you sounded very ignorant. It was not in English with horrible grammar and spelling. I've seen much better from many folks whose second language is English.

No one said Ithaca was a perfect little city. Every place has some sort of problem. And what's a problem to Joe may not be a problem for John. Joe and John are fictitious people used for the purpose of the example.

Don't be so quick to judge others! How do you know I'm white or that I have friends in Ithaca? For all you know, I'm a Hispanic farmer growing corn in Iowa. Just because someone is Southern doesn't mean they don't speak English correctly. I've been South numerous times and have lived there. People speak the same English. Sure, there's a few different regional words and pronunciations, however, that happens everywhere! Western PA has a slightly different dialect than Philadelphia, but they both speak English.

No one speaks perfect spanish.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:50 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No one speaks perfect spanish.
Who was talking about Spanish? And how do you know that no on one on Earth knows how to speak Spanish perfectly? There are linguists out there and they do know how to speak their languages perfectly. They spend years studying them.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Who was talking about Spanish? And how do you know that no on one on Earth knows how to speak Spanish perfectly? There are linguists out there and they do know how to speak their languages perfectly. They spend years studying them.
The person said they were Hispanic if you read what they wrote.

We are not talking about linguist, because they can speak perfectly in any language or at least try to.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
The person said they were Hispanic if you read what they wrote.

We are not talking about linguist, because they can speak perfectly in any language or at least try to.
You need to read more carefully! No one said they WERE Hispanic. I said for all that person knew I COULD be a Hispanic corn farmer in Iowa. And I never mentioned anything about Spanish either.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
For all you know, I'm a Hispanic farmer growing corn in Iowa.

This is what you said. you did not say the word could.

You just added it in your last post.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
This is what you said. you did not say the word could.

You just added it in your last post.
I did not quote myself or use the exact same words as in my original post. I also never said I was definitely a Hispanic corn farmer in Iowa. I was saying I could be because the post I was commenting said I was white and had all my white rich friends in Ithaca. I told that poster not to be so quick to judge whom he was speaking about because he was VERY incorrect about who I am and where I live. And I never brought up anything about Spanish. You did! That's why I was asking what Spanish had to do with anything.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I did not quote myself or use the exact same words as in my original post. I also never said I was definitely a Hispanic corn farmer in Iowa. I was saying I could be because the post I was commenting said I was white and had all my white rich friends in Ithaca. I told that poster not to be so quick to judge whom he was speaking about because he was VERY incorrect about who I am and where I live. And I never brought up anything about Spanish. You did! That's why I was asking what Spanish had to do with anything.
I do not see where all this defensiveness is coming from. I just replied from what you wrote. In reality nobody speaks perfect of any language, that was my point. I saw you criticize his English and wanted to point that out.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 PM

17 posts, read 72,731 times
oh my god all of u are idiots, and one of u even had the nerve to call me ignorant!? someone said that i talk horribly? did they not? ok have u or have u not eva herd me talk? now thts a yes or no question so dont just avoid the point of what im saying by going of about how my oppinions may be off in your standards or anything else. also i never sed me gettin my ass wooped by those older kids was terrible crime i was just trying to make a point, and u are taking it to seriousely, its like nobody wants to listen to what im saying all they hear is me trying to make ithaca seem "gangster"..... but lemme try an get this threw to u......I NEVER SAID THAT..... there if u cant see tht go get your eyes checked..... and maybe i wudnt be so angry if ppl stopped pissin me off.... an for me not makin sense dat one time well ppl dont make sense wen there mad.....

Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I do not see where all this defensiveness is coming from. I just replied from what you wrote. In reality nobody speaks perfect of any language, that was my point. I saw you criticize his English and wanted to point that out.
Not defensive. Just trying to figure out why you were talking about Spanish when no one else was. But whatever.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Townz Best View Post
oh my god all of u are idiots, and one of u even had the nerve to call me ignorant!? someone said that i talk horribly? did they not? ok have u or have u not eva herd me talk? now thts a yes or no question so dont just avoid the point of what im saying by going of about how my oppinions may be off in your standards or anything else. also i never sed me gettin my ass wooped by those older kids was terrible crime i was just trying to make a point, and u are taking it to seriousely, its like nobody wants to listen to what im saying all they hear is me trying to make ithaca seem "gangster"..... but lemme try an get this threw to u......I NEVER SAID THAT..... there if u cant see tht go get your eyes checked..... and maybe i wudnt be so angry if ppl stopped pissin me off.... an for me not makin sense dat one time well ppl dont make sense wen there mad.....
The way you are typing is probably very similar to how you speak. And using "words" like "dat" sounds very ignorant. It's not a word. You have serious issues if you are this angry over a message forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York