U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 PM

603 posts, read 1,866,673 times

Advertisements

I was up in fulton county this past weekend,mayfield to be exact and i was wondering if they get slammed with a lot of snow in the winter.I know theyget a lot because it is upstate ny but i mean like as much as buffalo and rochester?I fell in love with the area.So beautiful.Definately didnt think new york had any country left.i appreciate any advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 06:05 AM

no responses

Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 AM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,803,921 times
Well I really don't know but - and not to be factious but weather.com, NOAA.org web sites have tons of averages, highs, lows of snowfall, rain, etc. - might be a start to see the swings in snowfall over a period of time. gl

Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 AM

1,030 posts, read 2,951,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcrazy View Post
no responses
I think we may a little gun-shy as most people are running from the state with the weather as one of thetop reasons....yes it snows, yes we can get slammed and no there is no rhyme or reason to it for the most part. Here in the Rochester area, we had NO snow this past winter to speak of until late December but then it snowed up until Easter weekend (but for what it's worth, the entire east coast into FL got hit).....as an adult, I can remember winters that started in Oct and went until March and it was nothing but snow all the time with a January thaw thrown in for good measure. Now we may not have any snow until January...Fulton us near the now famous snowfall of the 2006-2007 season where I believe they got (someone will correct me here) a total of 7 feet of snow? THAT'S a lot of snow even by upstate NY's standards.....

Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 AM

2,359 posts, read 8,622,085 times
Everyone, doncrazy is asking about the COUNTY of Fulton. Not Fulton in Oswego County. Fulton County is located just west of Saratoga County.

So to prevent dogcrazy from becoming confused and misinformed, please stay on the topic of Fulton County..... not Fulton...the city in Oswego.

Just so you know, smalltownusa's comment was about Fulton in Oswego County.....

I hope this clears things up!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 AM

1,030 posts, read 2,951,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Everyone, doncrazy is asking about the COUNTY of Fulton. Not Fulton in Oswego County. Fulton County is located just west of Saratoga County.

So to prevent dogcrazy from becoming confused and misinformed, please stay on the topic of Fulton County..... not Fulton...the city in Oswego.

Just so you know, smalltownusa's comment was about Fulton in Oswego County.....

I hope this clears things up!
Whoops, I stand corrected.....too much pre-4th of July last night! I may have scared doncrazy all the way to the Pacific with my Oswego/Fulton snow stats!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 AM

Ill check weather.com.The girl i went up with has a vacation home on sacandaga lake.Can i just say how gorgeous it was.And i was out front mowing the lawn(ride on mower=so cool!!) and someone waved at me! Im not used to people like that at all!She is in a little subdivision or whatever theyre called and she pays 30 something a year for trash pick up and snow removal.We also found a drive in movie theater! How cool is that?I think that was by Broadalbin,not too sure though.I just cant find too much info about the general area.It was just so beautiful.And the other thing is the jobs.Well i appreciate the help from you all!!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 PM

3,360 posts, read 11,708,020 times
Ah! Did it look something like this?

Last edited by Sgoldie; 08-29-2007 at 10:08 PM..

Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,891 times
It hardly snow this year in newyorkcity, which kinda suck.

It's really getting warm and im starting to doubt that we might have snow this year, well i guess thats newyorkcity for you, the city that never sleeps.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:50 PM

19 posts, read 60,305 times
I live about 20 minutes south of Mayfield, and I can tell you that we do get a lot of snow. Not quite as much as Buffalo, but Fulton County always gets quite a bit more than other areas in the capital region. I know this turns alot of people off, but with the lake right there, there are a ton of snowmobilers and lots of events going on throughout the winter related to it.

And you're right it is GORGEOUS this time of year.

We are thinking of moving south and we were just up at the lake the other day and I said to DH, "Do we really want to leave this???"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>