Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 6,852 times

Advertisements

Hi, Please help me with some advice.I'm moving to New york in february for 2 years with my 3 year old. Where are the best areas to live with children either in manhattan or within a 45 minute commute. I would like to get a 2 bed apartment budget under $3500 if possible. What are the price differences? Ideally I would like to live in walking distance of a park.
How do I get my son into a nursery & how can I find out where the good nurseries are? I would like to be near good schools as he will start school in a year & would prefer if he could go to a public school although this is less important.
In the UK most good nurseries have a waiting list... is this the same in NY?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by zimbler; 10-17-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 01:41 PM

93,201 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Look into Westchester County. This is a good website for schools: GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community Go to NY and click on search by address. Then search by county and pick Westchester. You can search school districts in the county.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,788 times
Hi
We live in west new york, NJ, it is a luxury wonderful place, especially when you have kids, a lot of people move from NYC to our community which name is "Jacobs ferry Bulls ferry" it is quite and beautiful, it is on the Hudson river and you can rent a town home with (2 bedrooms, 2and 1/2 bathroom, garage...) and have access to 2 swimpool and the totplay for kids. Besides many homes have Manhattan view. To go to Manhattan you can use the ferry or the bus, if you go by car the lincoln tunnel is 5 min away. What is for sure the prices are reasonable compare to Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: