Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 8,478 times

Advertisements

Looking to buy a home outside of these areas, more in the country w/acrge.

does anyone live there who can comment on it thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM

254 posts, read 1,142,324 times
Default not much info on Johnstown area

I posted a new thread not long ago about the same area asking about the same questions. Got almost no response.
I did some of my own research and Fulton County is one of the lowest cost of houseing counties in the state. Most of both cities and the country area surrounding it are very inexpensive. Taxes are among the lowest anywhere. Of both cities, Johnstown is the more desirable of the two. Both are quite clean and seems vibrant. Again, Johnstown perhaps a little more. The south end of Johnstown is the most expensive. A perfect house in a perfect neighborhood will go for between 180K - 200K. That is about the most expensive of anywhere. The average home in the two cities can be found for as cheap as 75-80K.
there is a wonderful bike path going from southern end of Johnstown up through just past the northern end of Gloversville. the countryside around the area is unparalleled in it beauty.
Real good jobs in the area are rare.
If you have any specific questions, I would love to try to answer them.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,293 times
Hello,I was reading what you wrote about Gloversville/Johnstown.I have lived in Gloversville about my whole life soon to be moving to johnstown it is a nice place to live as long as you don't care for the "city life" it's just 2 little towns most people are very nice and easy to get along with.Nice houses and cheap but its true jobs suck if you don't have a good degree you really don't have a chance unless you want to go from one sucky job to another where you never go anywhere.Any more ? let me know.
sha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York