Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:01 PM

17 posts, read 60,794 times

Advertisements

This is for anyone who is thinking of moving to Haverstraw, who doesn't already know what living here is like. Last night I looked out my window to see about 10 police cars. Two boys were stabbed! I heard the police talking and I am pretty sure that one of them died right away. There was blood on the street, I couldn't believe it. Last summer the building right across the street from me was raided by the SWAT team. There are gangs here, you can tell by the way they dress. It is the worst thing to deal with. They kicked in my door. Someone has been robbing stores. There are crackheads that wonder the streets asking for money. Drunks coming out of "Melissa's Resturant." People selling drugs.

I wish to God that I could pack and leave tonight. With a murder happening right outside in front of a store that I always go to, it is just to much. Can't wait for an out. But I bet you the people at the Harbors won't know much about this, because Haverstraw is an "up and coming town, like nyack." Yeah Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM

277 posts, read 773,397 times
When did this happen? I'm surprised I didn't hear anything in the local news

Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM

17 posts, read 60,794 times
It happened Sat. night, on Broadway in front of Garcia's. At 2 in the morning I was loking out the window while there were several police there and blood all over the floor. But by the time I woke up to go to work Sunday morning everything was cleaned up and gone.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 16,772 times
Default Kids stabbed

Neither of the two kids who were stabbed died. One left the hospital after being attended to. The other is still there. He had four stab wounds, one to the head. he was in critical condition..but moved to a regular room today. I know both of them. Yes, the heart of Haverstraw is not the safest area to live in. Not a smart move to be out on the street at night. Unfortunately most of the really great families that live there can't afford to move out.. and there are a lot of great families that do live there.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 22,607 times
kalaja, you can't be serious!? "Great Families"? these wouldn't be the same 'Great Families" that hire these illegal aliens and started this problem in the first place would it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: