Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
2x4 2x4 started this thread

3 posts, read 5,823 times

Advertisements

I'm brand spankin' new to City-Data Forums & finding much useful info as I explore the possibility of relocating to NY State. Specifically, I'm wanting to narrow my NY Forum browsing down to the Hudson Valley area.

Craig's List is another useful resource in my relocation effort, in that there is a separate Hudson Valley page which I use extensively. It would be very helpful to have a separate Hudson Valley Forum added to the City-Data> NY Forum... & I'm wondering if it takes a Moderator or Administrator to make this happen?

Also wondering if anyone ELSE would find this helpful...or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I have often thought that the Westchester forum should expand to include the whole lower Hudson Valley especially as the Westchester forum doesn't get that much traffic and nearly half the topics in the NY State forum concern Rockland, Orange, and Dutchess counties.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have often thought that the Westchester forum should expand to include the whole lower Hudson Valley especially as the Westchester forum doesn't get that much traffic and nearly half the topics in the NY State forum concern Rockland, Orange, and Dutchess counties.
I agree too. Should be a Hudson Valley forum instead of just Westchester...including the counties of Westcheser, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess and Ulster.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM

715 posts, read 2,509,754 times
Agree 100%...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
It would take several months of debate and argument just to identify how broad or narrow an area the forum should cover. Haveing read the Westchester one I can't really say that their questions would quite apply to anywhere else....

Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
It would take several months of debate and argument just to identify how broad or narrow an area the forum should cover. Haveing read the Westchester one I can't really say that their questions would quite apply to anywhere else....
One of the most common questions on the Westchester forum is "What are some good places in Westchester or Rockland to live?"

But, I agree that there would be some debate as to which counties to include, but I have to agree with the counties mentioned by OrangeHudson.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
2x4 2x4 started this thread

3 posts, read 5,823 times
Glad to hear I'm NOT alone in wanting to see a Hudson Valley FORUM...& THANKS for all the different takes on my initial post. ALL are very positive in nature & much appreciated!

In the event such a forum DOES happen... it would be my hope that the effort NOT get bogged down over the "geography" issue. I'm for having USERS define the forum's scope; allowing for a broader interpretation of "Hudson Valley" as a REGION of NY State. Avoiding "several months of debate and argument" over this point would be desirable. Likewise "agreeing to disagree" on defining geography could move things along much quicker.

No clue as to what technical considerations need to be sorted out as far as actually setting up a NEW NY regional forum here on City-Data ...BUT, I would advocate LIBERAL geographic boundries for a "Hudson Valley" forum...Especially in terms of North & South boundries. Whatever it takes...I just hope something WILL be created for Hudson Valley users...WHOEVER we may happen to be!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 AM

523 posts, read 1,680,370 times
I agree -- a Hudson Valley subsection would be most helpful to many.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:33 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
As someone who hopes to be up there within the next year, I also would love to see a Hudson Valley forum. The Hudson Valley is much different, in many ways, from Westchester and Rockland. Unfortunately there's really no appropriate place to only discuss Hudson Valley questions and concerns.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM

174 posts, read 470,822 times
I agree, I think a "Hudson Valley" or even "Lower Hudson Valley" sub-forum would be a good idea, because of the quantity of posts involving Rockland Westchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: