Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 11,491 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning to find a place near Canadian Boarder around Niagara Falls . I have to attend school in Toronto, ontario, canada, but I would have to live in US in order to keep my immigrant status. I wonder that if anyone is willing to suggest any town or city nearby so that I can narrow my housing search. Much appreciate it!!

PS: i just got my landing paper for US in the mail and i wonder that if it will impact if I go canadian school and drive cross boarder everyday. Any adivce or comments are appreciated again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 11,491 times
anyone could help? pls

Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,228,657 times
You might try a heading on your post with Buffalo in it for better response.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM

131 posts, read 739,868 times
Lewiston is right at the US/Canadian border. Nice town too - artsy, historic, nice homes, low crime, Artpark. Live there & you're just a quick hop over the border into Canada. Rents would probably be a bit higher there than in Niagara Falls, but it would be well worth it for the easy commute and ambience.

My husband and I own property in the US and we cross the border all the time with no trouble. We're Canadian citizens, so I don't know how easy it would be for an immigrant. I don't know your nationality, but we regularly see Latinos and anyone who looks East Indian getting pulled over for a check - unfair probably, but a sign of the times, I guess.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:20 PM

20 posts, read 77,050 times
Lewiston is beautiful. I'm moving there to be near Toronto. My guy is in Toronto. The border is right there. Yes, more expense, but beautiful. Took a trip there and bought a house. Looking forward to the move. I hear that Wheatfield is less expensive. Don't know a thing about Wheatfield though. I agree, stay out of Niagara unless you can find a little gem of a community. It will certainly take some physical looking on your part. So, if you get an opportunity to go to the area and drive around Niagara, I imagine it would be less expensive. However, the safety factor was a deciding factor in me avoiding Niagara Falls. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Niagara Falls Apartments - Apartments For Rent In Niagara Falls NY

Hey, here's a link to an apartment complex. No nothing about it.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Apts in Grand Island & Lewiston is something I heard about. I heard cruddy apts in Niagara Falls for very cheap. But they are cruddy. I don't know that, but I heard so. Sorry, hope I didn't confuse you.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM

23 posts, read 109,671 times
Any university in Toronto is going to be at least 2 hour commute if you drive. I think it is going to be hard on you, especially if canadian customs start chacking you. Have you ever considered maintaining address in the US and getting a place in Toronto. You cam 1 bdr basement for 500-700 depending on the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York