Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHICH SCHOOL IS BETTER?
CARTHAGE HIGH SCHOOL 0 0%
WATERTOWN HIGH SCHOOL 0 0%
THOUSAND ISLANDS HIGH SCHOOL 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,023 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm moving to Fort Drum. I was wondering about the area and the schools.
How's the shopping there? Do most people drive to a different city to shop?

SCHOOLS: I'm currently sophomore and switching schools is currently my main issue. I have no idea where I want to go. If my parents ask me, idk what to tell them.

If you live in this area, please tell me about the schools. I'm looking for a school with a semi-larger student body.

The current school I am at, has about 30 sophomores, the whole high school and middle school fit in one gym. It's extremely small. I'm not really trying to go to another small school. There is way too much drama. I'm also taking French and I love Theatre so I would love for those two departments to be at the school I go to.

I'm not big into fights and if the teachers are horrific, I definately don't want to go to that school. My mother would like me to go to Carthage High School is it a good school?

ALSO: I would like a school that is generally nice (building wise)

Last edited by xxalexisabamfxx; 12-04-2011 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Carthage is fine and about a third of the kids on Ft. Drum go there. It is pretty "country", but the villages of Carthage and West Carthage are right across the Black River from each other and make a small urban area of about 6000 people combined.

Indian River is where the rest of the Base kids go(about two thirds). A lot of off base housing in Calcium, Evans Mills, Philadelphia and I believe Antwerp as well as Theresa(not about the last two), goes to IR too.

Watertown has military housing, as does Clayton(1000 Islands SD). Lowville and Copenhagen in Lewis County also has military housing. Copenhagen is almost like your current school.

In terms of size, the 3 biggest HS's are: Watertown, Indian River and Carthage, in that order. If you look below, you will see other posts about Ft. Drum and the Watertown area, including schools.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,898,066 times
This should help: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...d-ft-drum.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...50-unsure.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...rt-drum-2.html

There is plenty of school information, as well as information on the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York