Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:10 PM

28 posts, read 111,858 times

Advertisements

Hi all. i have posted previously, and we are def moving to Bingo and we have been on a few go sees..and their isn't much to see. I am really concerned about where we are going to live. There are just NO new homes. we are looking to downsize - our home in burbs of buffalo is way too big for us. but we say about 7 homes - great areas - w side, s side, vestal , but all are OLD OLD OLD . 3 br and 1 bath? lots of work needed. Have looked at a few townhouses, but there is just nothing around. And although my husband is moving for a great job (and can come home every weekend til we find something - but temp housing only lasts 1 month), i am worried about finding a job there - doesn't seem to be much there either.

can anyone shed more light on the housing situation - what about townhomes or small patio homes> where can we find them?

and what is the job market like? non profit wise?

I am so depressed about moving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM

288 posts, read 510,171 times
where are you moving from?

Old 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
What is your price range? How new are we talking about?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 PM

hi .. we are moving from a suburb of buffalo - we live in a home that was built in 1990 - it was a model for the neighborhood and has about 2400 sq feet- too big to begin with. the new builds i have seen in bingo are monster homes - huge and pricy - 300-500k. there are only 2.5 of us now (a college age child - who might be leaving the nest soon)- have looked at a few townhomes- 2 had water in the basement so want to stay clear of those. would love to find a patio type home. smaller home, less maintenance, a small garden .. how new..i would say 1980's on...but it really depends on the home and if it was refurbished. there are some gorgeous old homes in b-lo that have been redone. price depends- we need to sell ours first . that is why we are thinking townhome or small home - we can always resell or rent it out later. i HATE relocating.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Ok here is one of the most gorgeous and "newish" looking areas of the Binghamton area and just about five or ten minutes to downtown. ( You will learn the short cuts)

Take Ford Rd. onto Elton and head up I think it is on Rachael( go up from there) if I am not mistaken...in anycase head up around Michael and Foxboro. This is a genuinely beautiful developed area and relatively new. Look up homes that might say on Foxboro or Michael and in the town of Endicott. There is a new, new, home area there also but it could go over budget.
I think you'll find what your looking for around foxboro. Best of luck to you.
It is great to know that all of Binghamton doesn't have "old" homes. That is mentioned quite often by people who neglect to travel a bit further to check things out.
I will try to look some up for you...although I think I got my one and only infraction for something simular.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 AM

hey guys: been out "sick" for a while! Just checking back now! thanks so much for the replies. husband has checked in to a hotel. we found a nice townhouse, but then realized it was a foreclosure. I was just getting used to the idea of getting rid of all our "junk" and downsizing! ddin't get it due to no inspection allowed pre-purchase. Found another but it had some water in basement after the flood (and it was on a hill - ground water i guess!) the search resumes...... hopefully market will start to build back up

thanks again for all the help with our "quest"!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
What about places like these? Legacy Bay Townhomes - Binghamton, NY

Binghamton, NY Home

5 Riverside Towers Cooperative Binghamton, NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York