Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:20 PM

86 posts, read 206,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I only ever heard saw what the OP posted, like Oniontown I never heard of it till this site. Where I come from we had the stories of the Jackson Whites in Hillburn and up in the mountains or Rockland/Orange counties.

I wasn't comparing anyone to Oniontown I was stating that the posters had gotten tired of that subject..

It would also appear that your relatives have decided to post their views also.
Don't go to Oniontown. Been there, done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 12:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsauce711 View Post
This thread is a great example of that place that separates Albany from NYC. It's crazy. You drive south of Albany and expect it to become more and more civilized the closer you get to NYC. Nope. You have to drive through things resembling the deep south before you actually reach NYC's sphere of influence. It always intrigued me growing up. Drive through the most isolated area in the Adirondacks, you won't find people as crazy and as wild as you'd find in the Catskills.
more drug abuse and Keystone Light!!

Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
there is one word for this, they are in every State and on every dirt road, its called Hillbillies!!!!

Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM

4 posts, read 12,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivianightingale View Post
No, diamond city is pretty much 100% true as far as I'm concerned. It's like ten minutes from my house and you drive up this old dirt road and there are road signs that are vandalized with warnings to "keep out" and if you drive far enough there is a man sitting in the middle of the road in a tattered old recliner thing with a gun, we didn't get very close and turned around and drove as fast as we could away because the idea of it is honestly just terrifying. My friends and I decided to take that turn a couple days ago just to check out the urban legend and idk man but it's scary as ****
I would like to know when you were in Dymond city? Because that road has been paved for as long as I can remember, and I have NEVER seen an old man in a rocking chair sitting in the middle of the road, and I grew up there. Its people like you that give our family a bad name.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,914 times
alls i can say is lol... so what if we got hillbillies up here, they good people. come up here and try to start some **** and we can make some true stories. we all got guns, shovels and lots of land..... it dont matter what ya dumb ignorant people think.
these stories been around for years and they arent true. come up here and find out
maybe you can survive diamond city....or maybe not....

Old 02-11-2014, 09:47 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
I am going to try to clear this controversy up. Diamond City (alternate spelling Dymond) was the name of the main lounge at the now closed Nevele Resort in the Town(ship) of Wawarsing just outside of Ellenville. It was named in honor of Selma Diamond, a comedy actress who often appeared there.

It could also refer to the shape of a quad antenna, which was manufactured by the Channel Master Company at their now closed factory in Ellenville.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 15,736 times
Default Dymond/Diamond Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymondcitygirl87 View Post
First of all it us spelled Dymond, NOT diamond. I should know, I grew up in Dymond City. I lived there until I was 25. No there is not an old man in a rocking chair sitting in the middle of the road, no there was not a state trooper buried in his car, the "if you don't go in, you don't cone out" is a bunch of b.s..............unless you are an a$$hole, or scumbag that starts crap with my family, you will be just fine. Oh, and for the people that are on here claiming to live there, and say all this crap is true, is just some retard running their mouth. Go to bing maps and look up Dymond road grahamsville N.Y. 12740. It is a 1 mile dead end road.
Hello, My gr-mother was a Diamond and I have my geneology back to about 1740 to a Mathew Dymond. Are you related to my family? I am always looking for more family. Thank you for your time. Lefty Lou

Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 12,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lEFTY lOU View Post
Hello, My gr-mother was a Diamond and I have my geneology back to about 1740 to a Mathew Dymond. Are you related to my family? I am always looking for more family. Thank you for your time. Lefty Lou
Anything is possible. The Dymond family is a large one!! I remember meeting new relatives like once a month growing up. Lol

Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Default Dymond/Diamond Surname

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymondcitygirl87 View Post
First of all it us spelled Dymond, NOT diamond. I should know, I grew up in Dymond City. I lived there until I was 25. No there is not an old man in a rocking chair sitting in the middle of the road, no there was not a state trooper buried in his car, the "if you don't go in, you don't cone out" is a bunch of b.s..............unless you are an a$$hole, or scumbag that starts crap with my family, you will be just fine. Oh, and for the people that are on here claiming to live there, and say all this crap is true, is just some retard running their mouth. Go to bing maps and look up Dymond road grahamsville N.Y. 12740. It is a 1 mile dead end road.

By chance do you know any family members that live there now? My mother has Dymond people and wonder if we are related?

Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM

Default Dymond/Diamond surname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dymond View Post
I'm a Dymond. I live on Dymond road ( Named after my Grandfather Isaac Dymond) Sundown New York.That's "Dymond City" to all you townies. As I read all these posts I can see they come in two categories, first up townies who know nothing about my family except the rumors they hear. ( Boy do I have a great deal on a Bridge in Brooklyn for you people!) and then there is my family and friends who actually have been on Dymond road and know what they are talking about. I'm not going to bother trying to change your mind about my family I'm just going to give you some facts. First off most of us no longer live in "Dymond City". We live in Ellenville, We live in Napanoch, We live in Accord, We live in Kerhonkson, We live in Grahamsville , We live in Claryville, We live in Kingston. We live right next door to YOU! We have for decades. So the backwoods hillbilly is now your next door neighbor, Now what? I have a suggestion, stop being prejudice against people you have never met simply because you heard something about them from someone else who never met them.

Hello, I have an Isaac Dymond in my family tree. Do you know more about him that you would be willing to share with me? We may be related?? Thank you, Lefty Lou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York