Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 AM

214 posts, read 290,069 times

Advertisements

Is there really any point to your state at all?

I'm a Connecticut native and had the intense displeasure of passing through your state a few days ago. As is usually the case whenever I have to travel through New York, I encountered, among the usual plethora of other things that are embarrassing to you, insanely strict cops who seem to get a lot of pleasure out of pulling over people for traveling as little as 5 MPH over the posted speed limit. I wasn't pulled over, but in the first 15-20 minutes after having crossed the CT/NY state line into NY, I noticed at least 5 different cars on the side of the road, pulled over by cops. I guess it wouldn't catch my attention as much if I didn't notice this almost EVERY TIME I travel through your state.

This, of course, is in addition to the generally aloof demeanor your state's non-NYC citizens always tend to exhibit, that I have to put up with. But that's okay, because me and my numerous friends are always sure to troll you whenever we are forced to visit, and we are endlessly amused by your angry reactions. It's like you ask for it. Perhaps you're just bitter because we're pretty much all-around awesome people ( )...and the same really cannot be said of your state's citizens, except maybe for some New York city natives and personalities.

So when your state's police force (unlike Connecticut's police force) on both the local and state levels, is busy handing out substantial fines for outrageous "offenses" such as the failure of one of one's rear license plate lights to work, do you ever feel...foolish...on behalf of your state for employing people who take such immense joy in fining people for the most trivial of reasons and calling it "justice," or "protecting the public," or "ensuring public safety?"

Pretty embarrassing. Oh well. All the smart people live in CT, so I'm not too worried about it. It's just hilarious to watch you all scramble about and pretend that you're a progressive and liberal state when your citizens clearly don't have the intelligence to deserve such a distinction.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
I usually go 74 mph on I-81 when I go up to Syracuse, have passed many cops with their radars pointed directly at me before I could slow down, and have never once gotten a ticket. And that's with PA plates. Making comments like "all the smart people live in CT" is really, really ignorant.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
If you find New York so horrible, try staying in Connecticut. I've been there and didn't find it to be perfect either. I have yet to find a state that is perfect.

Can't fault the police for doing their job which is to enforce the law. If you don't break the law, you won't have the pleasure of meeting New York's finest.

I don't live in the city and find people around here to be very friendly, polite, and helpful. Maybe it's the attitude you seem to have towards New York that people find off putting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: