Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 PM

385 posts, read 1,175,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turjcxg View Post
Thank you all so much for your information on (I guess this area is called) Lower Hudson/Orange County.

My kids (ages 9 and 12) and I want to relocate back to the northeast, specifically the West Milford, NJ area or across the border on the Greenwood Lake, NY side. I hadn't heard anything about Warwick until I started reading through the threads that I found through a Google search.

What is your opinion on living with young kids in Greenwood Lake, NY versus Warwick, NY? Any input would be much appreciated. Any info on the Greenwood Lake, NY school districts?
greenwood lake is a village within the town of warwick. the town of warwick contains 3 villages: warwick village, florida and greenwood lake, and many hamlets: sterling forest, amity, pine island, bellvale and more. currently greenwood lake students go to tuxedo for high school. warwick has a very nice downtown, and that in general is a lovely area. please give more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 01:19 PM

468 posts, read 583,117 times
Warwick is more family orientated than Greenwood Lake. GL is more for empty nesters home on the lake. quite area.
BOTH are truly great areas.
Stay out of Monroe. It is on the decline. And yes, Kiryas Joel has everything to do with it. KJ is a huge welfare scam cult that Monroe taxpayers, have to make up for. Monroe Town Board is in the pockets of the KJ Block voters. KJ did not have a property tax for SEVEN years whereas Monroe had one every year during those same years(google it) Monroe Town Board gave tax relief to properties in KJ that should have been taxed.

This 4/30/2013 from 10pm to 1:00AM KJ was celebrating Lag B'Olmert with LOUD music heard throughout all of Monroe. People called the SP because it is the middle of the night......and the noise curfew is 10pm.

State PD said, there is nothing they can do because MONROE TOWN BOARD GAVE THEM A PERMIT!!!!!!! a permit so they can make a racket all night...........where as if you did that you'd be in jail.

Monroe Village can't get the tractor trailers, huge buses and box truck servicing KJ off of their RESIDENTIAL STREETS!!!
Why because the Rabbi buys the local politicians off!!! THE CORRUPTION LEVEL OUT OF THE CHASSIDS is off the charts.

In Williamsburgh they got ALL of the bikers off the street!!! you can bike anywhere in NYC except where Chassids live.
The Chassid cult does not work and if they do it is all under the table........everybody in NYS knows it AND 90% of them are on SOME FORM OF WELFARE. ALL of them have "European housemaids" to help them with their 6 to 10 kids.
There is at least 100K Chassids in NYS. 23K in Kiryas Joel of whom 90% don't work and are on welfare.
NOW YOU KNOW WHY NYS IS SUCH A HIGH TAXED STATE. So you still want to move to Orange County do you???
30K OC residents left for the south during the last five years. That should tell you something. Just keeping it real.
Ramapo School Board is all Chassids. Not one of them has a kid in the school. They are in their to dIVERT tax money to their interest as was found out by the NYS AG who is NOW investigating. THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO Monroe-Woodbury School sooner or later, because KJ belongs to the MW school system and the Chassids have a right to run for the school board. They will not "pollute" their children with gentile children by mixing, oh, no but they are there to loot the system.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM

22 posts, read 54,632 times
Thank you for your honest opinion. I think we will NOT be moving to the NYS side of the border as much as I would like to. I'm a firm believer in religious freedom but what I see happening in the news with KJ is not religious freedom, it's just a scam.

Interestingly enough, I was reading in Haaretz (the Israeli newspaper) that the state of Israel is looking seriously at the topic of its ultra-orthodox and their "employment" situation. See article in Haaretz, May 13, 2013:

Israeli economy unsustainable if Haredim, Arabs don't join workforce, experts warn

National Economic Council presents cabinet both internal and external threats that Israel's economy is expected to face until 2050.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
You can research school districts and individual schools at schooldigger.com. From the website:

"Our mission

SchoolDigger.com was founded in 2006 to serve one purpose: to empower parents like you to make informed choices about choosing a school for your child. Our database contains detailed profiles for over 136,000 schools in every state in the US, including 20 years of enrollment data, several years of test scores, crime data, real estate data, and everything our team hopes is useful in helping you make better school choices.

But all this data can be overwhelming -- that's why our core mission is to make SchoolDigger.com the easiest, most useful school search and comparison site on the Web. We do our best to ensure that our site is easy to use, easy to navigate, and our data as up-to-date as possible. "

I have 4 children (9-15) and lived in the Monroe area, moved out to Florida for husband's job, and now preparing to move back to the area. I find the information in SchoolDigger to be a good resource.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York