Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 AM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
New York poised to pass first gun control bill since Newtown - CNN.com

Background checks for ammo purchases, 7 round magazine maximum (which is not made for rifles, AFAIK), background checks for private sales (which I'm fine with), even FEWER allowed "bad gun" features.

That's it, boys. Pack it all up.
Do you have a state level gun owners' organization there in NY? If not, you should start one. Here in NC, Grass Roots NC has been great. I credit them with us having CCW (SHALL ISSUE) and Castle Doctrine. Check them out at Grass Roots North Carolina - Home. Contact Paul Valone, President. He can help you get started.

I would think people in NYC should go a step further and start city level groups. I have never heard anything good about being a gun owner in NYC, that the laws there strangle a gun owner.

Hang in there and stand strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM

405 posts, read 1,163,773 times
Quote:
You do realize that the AR15 is as deadly as a Ruger Mini-14, which is not classified as an assault rifle? They both can accept high capacity magazines and both fire a .223 round via a semiautomatic action. Both are extremely deadly.

I love how people who know absolutely nothing about guns are the first to claim to know something. Please, people. Educate yourselves.

The AWB that was passed simply banned guns based on cosmetics. Black gun witch hunts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Which gun is most dangerous?

A) The Ruger Mini-14 that kayfouroh pictured.

B)

C)

D)

E) Other (please explain).

Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Are you asking me? :\

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Are you asking me? :\
I'm asking anyone who would care to answer.
Ultimately, I believe the answers will support your position.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM

You know, I also thought of something

The plain old Ruger 10/22 which shoots .22LR rounds and is NOT considered an assault rifle:

After a new kit, the same gun looks like:

I wonder if that kit is banned.. obviously the magazine and the bayonet are, but the rifle is still the same.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
You know, I also thought of something

The plain old Ruger 10/22 which shoots .22LR rounds and is NOT considered an assault rifle:

After a new kit, the same gun looks like:

I wonder if that kit is banned.. obviously the magazine and the bayonet are, but the rifle is still the same.
You're no fun. You get it too quickly.
All of the pictures I put up are the same gun you showed.

Yup that kit for a 10/22 is banned. Pistol grip, bayonet lug, telescoping stock = evil, evil, evil.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
You're no fun. You get it too quickly.
All of the pictures I put up are the same gun you showed.

Yup that kit for a 10/22 is banned. Pistol grip, bayonet lug, telescoping stock = evil, evil, evil.
Well if you pin the stock, the only "bad feature" is the pistol grip, which is allowed if it's the only one.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Well if you pin the stock, the only "bad feature" is the pistol grip, which is allowed if it's the only one.
If that's it, then believe you are correct if you pin the stock.
Although, what I can't tell from the picture is if there is a lug, or mounting of some kind, for the bayonet. If so I believe that would be an evil feature. Also not identifiable from the picture is whether it has a flash hider or muzzle break on it. Flash hider would be evil.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
If that's it, then believe you are correct if you pin the stock.
Although, what I can't tell from the picture is if there is a lug, or mounting of some kind, for the bayonet. If so I believe that would be an evil feature. Also not identifiable from the picture is whether it has a flash hider or muzzle break on it. Flash hider would be evil.
Eh it's all plastic anyway so worst case you just tear that crap off haha

Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Eh it's all plastic anyway so worst case you just tear that crap off haha
Plastic is scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York