Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 08:21 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

Actually, NY State has more Black people than anyother state in the US. African American Population Demographics

SC is the 3rd or 4th Blackest state percentage wise. Mississippi is the Blackest state percentages wise in the US and my parents are from those two states. Historically, they are the Blackest states in the US. NY is the 10th Blackest state in the US percentage wise.

As for Utica, I think it gets bad rep in the region and it really isn't too bad as a city. With that said, I can see how nepotism can be strong there and it can also be ethnic, not just racial too. It is about 15% Black and it would be great it the community can get together and start more small businesses to provide jobs in high minority neighborhoods there. People have to make sure to support these businesses and that the businesses provide good services.

BTW- Do they get Power 106.9 in Utica now, amanda? Check out the station from 4-7 on weekdays, on Saturdays from 3-5 and Sundays from 8-10 AM . There are good shows on at that time discussing issues and topics that have an effect on the community and can provide some good information. Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more (I think)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,133 times
http://power1069jamz.com/main.html

Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 13,456 times
My wife n I r moving in that direction cause of work. We dont know where to live. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are looking for a decent area. Please reply. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatjc View Post
My wife n I r moving in that direction cause of work. We dont know where to live. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are looking for a decent area. Please reply. Thanks.
What do you what in terms of setting? City? Suburb? Small town? In Utica itself, look at South Utica, North Utica, around Proctor High and the Parkway area. New Hartford, Yorkville, Whitesboro, Clinton and NY Mills are some good suburbs to consider. Rome has some nice areas in the Northwestern quarter and a few other spots.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 13,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What do you what in terms of setting? City? Suburb? Small town? In Utica itself, look at South Utica, North Utica, around Proctor High and the Parkway area. New Hartford, Yorkville, Whitesboro, Clinton and NY Mills are some good suburbs to consider. Rome has some nice areas in the Northwestern quarter and a few other spots.
Im not sure. I want to be in the suburbs. A quiet n safe area. Safe for my kids. Quiet for my wife n I. What is ur suggestion. We will be working close to the hospital, but dont want to live anywhere nextto it, but not to far where we r driving n close enough to our kids.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatjc View Post
Im not sure. I want to be in the suburbs. A quiet n safe area. Safe for my kids. Quiet for my wife n I. What is ur suggestion. We will be working close to the hospital, but dont want to live anywhere nextto it, but not to far where we r driving n close enough to our kids.
Look at New Hartford....Do you know which hospital you would be working at? If it is St. Elizabeth's, I would go with New Hartford. If it is Faxton, then maybe communities in the Whitesboro SD(Whitesboro, Yorkville, Marcy, etc...). You could possibly go with New Hartford if you are working at Faxton as well. Clinton is another possibility as well and has a nice walkable village center. Same with New Hartford, which is where the mall and a lot of the shopping in the area is located.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 13,721 times
CKHTHANKGOD....as I said the southern states have more black people are you reading the map so NEW York State does not have higher populations of Blacks compared to the South... ITS RIGHT on the Map!!!! My gosh this is why I say don't moe to Utica!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda21 View Post
CKHTHANKGOD....as I said the southern states have more black people are you reading the map so NEW York State does not have higher populations of Blacks compared to the South... ITS RIGHT on the Map!!!! My gosh this is why I say don't moe to Utica!!!!
You are not understanding what I'm saying. NY has more Black people than any other state. Meaning in raw numbers, not percentage. Of course the South is going to have higher percentages of Black people and more Black folks than 1 state, but NY has more than any other state. Remember that NYC has just over 2 million by itself. NY is the 10th BLACKEST STATE BY PERCENTAGE too. You can actually click on different subjects and you can see that NY has more Black individuals than any other state and is Blacker than some Southern states.

I'm not from Utica and I don't think it is that deep...Oh and I'm Black and have gone over this on this site on other threads as well.

With all of that Utica isn't too bad, depending on the job situation. Again, look at New Hartford, Clinton and parts of the Whitesboro school district. If you don't mind a nice urban environment, look in South Utica, North Utica and parts of East Utica near Proctor High.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-27-2010 at 05:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,883 times
utica is near town called poland if they merge they can call it polutica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York