Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
You must have x-ray vision if you can determine that all the houses pictured require a $200k expenditure. Most look wonderful to my eyes. Do us all a favor and keep your negative comments to yourself.
No, she won't do that. If it has to do with upstate NY at all, she'll put a negative spin on it. You should see some of the things she's said in the threads regarding Buffalo and Rochester. There's some deep bitterness in her towards Upstate NY....she doesn't even live here anymore either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
You must have x-ray vision if you can determine that all the houses pictured require a $200k expenditure. Most look wonderful to my eyes. Do us all a favor and keep your negative comments to yourself.

xray vision? look at the exterior! they're falling down! And I am entitled to my opinion regardless of whether you think its negative - who made you the thought police here anyway? Last I checked we still had free speech...so chill -and don't read me if you don't like what I say...sheesh

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
No, she won't do that. If it has to do with upstate NY at all, she'll put a negative spin on it. You should see some of the things she's said in the threads regarding Buffalo and Rochester. There's some deep bitterness in her towards Upstate NY....she doesn't even live here anymore either!

wow you sound like high school! Actually you're wrong again - I spend a lot of time there...and there's no bitterness - I am only calling it like I see it - I actually like the area very much but it has a lot of problems - by addressing them and talking about them can change for the better take place..I am doing more to that end than you who turn a blind eye to what's wrong. I would like to see it return to what I remember growing up there was like - return it to its former glory, and not what it has unfortunately become.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,098 times
Default email

I would like to email some of these wonderful pictures of Watertown NY and I would like to email some pictures of The Town of Wilna in Carthage where I was born in 1952 on Boyd Street Road. Also I would like to email my friends of pictures of Rochester, NY the flower city capital of the State. I am thinking about moving back in June 08 to one of these cities.
And I am looking for a small house or apt.
Sincerely,
Mari Joe Johnson

Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM

155 posts, read 849,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
wow you sound like high school! Actually you're wrong again - I spend a lot of time there...and there's no bitterness - I am only calling it like I see it - I actually like the area very much but it has a lot of problems - by addressing them and talking about them can change for the better take place..I am doing more to that end than you who turn a blind eye to what's wrong. I would like to see it return to what I remember growing up there was like - return it to its former glory, and not what it has unfortunately become.
I see the old WNY hit crew has taken a cheap shot at you as well Buttons. Pretty sad when honest, intelligent posters are chased away if they happen to be on the wrong side of the debate. Soon they will be granted their own special forum and I advise you not to venture into that parochial circle-jerk. Just remember, the Emporer wears only splendid silk threads, if his arse is hanging out, avert your eyes, for it is only an illusion, and you will pay dearly for pointing it out. You will be branded an ignoramus or a 'nattering nabob of negativism'.

Perhaps you should save your breath and let the Lemmings roll over the cliff in lockstep.

Last edited by rug city; 11-16-2007 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York