Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 AM

21 posts, read 59,621 times

Advertisements

Is it me of have taxes significantly raised in the past few years. I have been looking into the area for quite some time now and have seen the increase. Has taxes had impact on the locals leaving? Seems like many like me are moving up from the island and from looking on trulia theres not new construction being the only available option to buy. Please input....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 AM

21 posts, read 59,621 times
Hey Dreamshot. You always been helpful. Where's the response? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 PM

715 posts, read 2,508,345 times
Yes, there has been an increase; the largest increase went hand-in-hand with the mid-2000s market boom.

In terms of numbers, some areas are worse than others. I believe Monroe-Woodbury has (relatively) high taxes. Newburgh-Montgomery-Middletown not as high. Places like Washingtonville-Chester-Goshen are likely slightly lower on the whole than Monroe-Woodbury but more than Newburgh-Montgomery-Middletown.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 AM

137 posts, read 218,341 times
My house taxes in Middletown were in the 6500 range.

Yes the people who grew up there have been driven out. Some have moved to Sullivan county while others have left the area completely. Feel free to see my comments about Middletown/Orange County in another thread.

I have a house in Middletown I put ALOT of work into. I will be selling it next summer. I wish I could sell it now but my brother is there and I gave him my word I'd put it off a year.

Personally I cant stand that area, and when I go there, cant wait to get out.

IMHO you should look elsewhere. Dutchess County and some areas up there are a better option. Theres a ferry you can catch in Connecticut tog et back to the island for visits. There are benefits to the Dutchess area, but taxes will be higher though.

Last edited by Scorpio1969; 07-30-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York