Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:43 PM

32 posts, read 71,093 times

Advertisements

Yikes, fracker-folks, once your ground water is contaminated, you'll all need to pick up and flee. You will be refugees. Start practicing saying goodbye to all that you know and love. Now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 06:21 PM

454 posts, read 763,218 times
Much of what is 'reported' by anti-drillers is completely fabricated.

They have to scare people because they have nothing to offer. No money, no jobs, no economic benefit, no dignity, no college tuition...somebody stop me, please.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:24 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskybosky View Post
Much of what is 'reported' by anti-drillers is completely fabricated.

They have to scare people because they have nothing to offer. No money, no jobs, no economic benefit, no dignity, no college tuition...somebody stop me, please.
Where I live, there is more agriculture than anything else. No one wants fracking here especially the farmers. Who would come to our area to buy our wines with fracking? Nobody. Definitely not the wealthy NYC and Long Island crowds that come now.

I know people in PA who have fracking. No water. It all has to be brought in because their wells are contaminated. They didn't get money from the wells because they're not on their property.

How do you figure that you need fracking to have dignity? People have had dignity for centuries.....long before fracking came about.

Who gets college tuition? In NYS, you can get free tuition at SUNY schools if you're economically disadvantaged. What state gives free tuition because of fracking?

Please stay where you live. Your kind is not welcomed in my area. We like our water. Our lakes are what keep us going. If they become contaminated, no one will stay here and the tourists will dry up. This area would be decimated. And it's been populated for hundreds of years.....long before the USA was founded.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 PM

5,675 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Interesting to note that Terry Pagula, the guy that is purchasing the Buffalo Bills made all of his money (billions) fracking. Andrew Cuomo says he is against fracking, but today he says he wants to erect a statue of Mr. Pagula. What is it Andy? Is fracking good, bad or circumstantial?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Interesting to note that Terry Pagula, the guy that is purchasing the Buffalo Bills made all of his money (billions) fracking. Andrew Cuomo says he is against fracking, but today he says he wants to erect a statue of Mr. Pagula. What is it Andy? Is fracking good, bad or circumstantial?
Andy wants to be friends with all the rich. He's a putz. And that is the nicest thing I can say about him.

The sale is not a done deal. It still has NFL hurdles to go through. If this goes through, at least the team will stay in Buffalo. Glad Jon Bon Jovi didn't win it and move them. He should stay in Jersey.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:55 PM
cml

180 posts, read 290,242 times
We have more natural resources than any other state we should exploit them. Cracking will boost upstates economy

Old 09-12-2014, 11:03 PM

19 posts, read 24,844 times
Woah!
Fracking in New York?
Maybe I have the wrong idea of New York, but isn't it not open enough for fracking?
Forgive me if im wrong, I only ever visited once, and that was Manhattan.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:58 AM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapee0991 View Post
Woah!
Fracking in New York?
Maybe I have the wrong idea of New York, but isn't it not open enough for fracking?
There is more to NY State than Manhattan. This would take place in Upstate NY, with a focus on the Southern Tier.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapee0991 View Post
Woah!
Fracking in New York?
Clearly, you don't know much about New York State. Look at a map and see what it looks like. Manhattan is a teeny tiny portion of the state.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:26 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
BBC News - Weak wells not fracking caused US gas leaks into water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York