U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM

198 posts, read 731,596 times

Advertisements

this is a repost from the long island forum as they suggested i post in the general NY forum to get input from people that know the upstate area.

We have no ties to LI(besides DHs work). Can not afford this place.

Family is in FL and CA- not places we want to go to. THe part of CA we can not afford, the part of FL we do not want.

DH licensure is tied to NY state and we do not want to throw that away. He works in home care so a place with good home care employment would be good. (by licensure i mean admission to NY state bar and RN)

we do not know where to go to have a normal family life that is affordable with good schools?

We just do not know the state that well. We are thinking somewhere upstate?

I am finishing up a MPH(Master in Public Health) degree and Albany is probably ideal but we dont know enough about that place either. Any input?

How are job prospects for DH in that area in the home care field- he currently works in compliance and regulations, he is an RN but not a floor RN so something like hospital work is not exactly what he does. He is managerial/directorial and has about 12 years in nursing field and 3 in regulatory/compliance.

Any input?

(i have been researching albany- because they have a drPH program and epidemiology program so just in case i decide to go above the MPH. So far i kind of see East green bush as desirable? I dont know i feel lost trying to figure this out without knowing anything about the state)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 AM

65,491 posts, read 91,302,416 times
Would something like this be in line with what he is looking for? Job Opportunities » Loretto (Nurse Manager position, among a couple of others)

This place may work too: St. Camillus - Careers

I know it isn't in the Albany area, but I'm wondering if these are the types of places that he is looking to work at.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 PM

198 posts, read 731,596 times
Yes these type of places would work. His current company is slightly different but same realm. Either Licensed Home health agency or Certified. Or something like Gentiva which is the biggest provider in the country I think.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:55 AM

129 posts, read 211,677 times
Loretto has a poor reputation.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:30 AM

65,491 posts, read 91,302,416 times
This may help: https://gentiva-openhire.silkroad.co...=&tosearch=yes

https://gentiva-openhire.silkroad.co...=app.jobsearch

Search Results

New York State Home Health and Hospice Care Profile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York