Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 08:25 AM

26 posts, read 69,020 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We really love Warwick (nice downtown, beautiful countryside, friendly residents, etc.) but we wanted to get your take on whether or not it is a good investment long-term. It looks like it is one of the only areas in the Hudson Valley where home values are predicted to rise next year. What do you think?

• Is it a good time to buy a small/modest home in Warwick (or Sugar Loaf)?
  • Do you think Warwick will continue to grow and expand?
  • I know the school taxes are high, but is there anything looming that we should watch out for?

Thank you in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
No, I don't. I live in Western NJ and we all thought it would grow, it has not. THe boom is over, we missed the boat and without good jobs it wont come back. NO trains to NYC, too far of a commute and driving for everything. High taxes, forget it~ Better off buying a complete dump in a train town and closer to NYC. ITs too far out of the loop. ANd nobody retires to Upstate NY for cheaper living. Buy a complete dump in Ridgefield Park your chances are better! Location is terrible~ NYC is the only thing keeping this NJ/NY area alive. W/O NYC , NJ and Orange COunty would be rust belts. Beside the Corp. in Morris COunty area and Western NJ ( Hopewell) This location is terrible and will never get anything out of it.

Last edited by stevemorse; 01-19-2014 at 09:52 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
No, I don't. I live in Western NJ and we all thought it would grow, it has not. THe boom is over, we missed the boat and without good jobs it wont come back. NO trains to NYC, too far of a commute and driving for everything. High taxes, forget it~ Better off buying a complete dump in a train town and closer to NYC. ITs too far out of the loop. ANd nobody retires to Upstate NY for cheaper living. Buy a complete dump in Ridgefield Park your chances are better! Location is terrible~ NYC is the only thing keeping this NJ/NY area alive. W/O NYC , NJ and Orange COunty would be rust belts. Beside the Corp. in Morris COunty area and Western NJ ( Hopewell) This location is terrible and will never get anything out of it.
That's crazy. If you are a civil servant in Warwick or nearby areas, it's a great place to live. With the internet, some people never have to leave there houses to work. If you worked three days a week in Manhattan or the employment centers of North Jersey and two days at home, it would be tolerable.

Maybe you own a small business in Warwick.

It's a great town. If it works for your lifestyle, go for it! Having said that, I would rather die than have to commute five days a week to Manhattan from Warwick.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 AM

26 posts, read 69,020 times
Sorry, I just wanted to clarify - my husband and I do not work in New York City!

My husband works at West Point and I currently work as an online adjunct instructor, so our commutes are not really the issue (although my husband does not want to move any farther than Warwick for his drive).

I really value your thoughts (positive or negative) so thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York